WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   With or without (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42651)

Waky 04-07-12 06:55 AM

I think the panels could work, I would just lower their opacity by a good bit. But if it's this opacity or not, I'd say no panels.

Qupe 04-07-12 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimit (Post 255158)
I'm going to go back on subject for this thread: Without.

>.> The panels are REALLY bulky and distracting.

I'd agree.

If you do go with the panels I'd line your unitframes up with the edges of the chat boxes.

Or just put those elements back in the bottom left/right corners and they wouldn't be as much of a distraction.

Kendian 04-11-12 11:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, this is what I ended up with...not too sure, but seems to work ok. C&C/Suggestions welcome, as always~

Qupe 04-12-12 12:02 AM

I like it - a lot.

Suggestions:
- reduce the number of players shown in your dps meter
- hide threat bar ooc
- reduce buff icon and minimap size (player buffs next to minimap).
- align your debuff icon with... something. Looks random where it is.
- center the text on your raid frames
- consistent spacing on the outside of the screen; tooltip and raid frames are on the very edge whereas the minimap is ~5px off the edge.

Seriously, looks good, just incredibly nitpicking on my end. Like, equal spacing top to bottom on items like the text on your minimap - nitpicking to that level because it's a pretty good layout!

Also, just wondering what those boxes on the left and right side of your bottom bar (under your bars) does.

I also hate text shadows on pixel fonts with a passion, but that's totally personal preference =|

Wimpface 04-12-12 07:46 AM

Looks really good, Kendian. :)

lerb 04-12-12 09:17 AM

Dang, this is looking good! And I usually have a hard time with pixel fonts ;)

The only things I can think of is the tooltip and raidframes, they should (imo) have the same spacing between them and the screen edge as the, for example, minimap has.

The health and power text on player and target unitframes looks like it should be positioned 1 pixel lower aswell.

These might be silly nitpicking but that's the only things I can think of - and I think that's a good thing ;) Great looking!

Kendian 04-12-12 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qupe (Post 255358)

Also, just wondering what those boxes on the left and right side of your bottom bar (under your bars) does.
=|

The one on the left opens my Interface (game|addons) the one on the right opens my LoadIT addon. They both have an overlay (low opacity/class colored)
when moused over.

Thanks, you 3, for taking the time to look, and comment~ :D

Kendian 11-16-12 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just some minor changes, mostly cosmetic. As always, C&C/suggestions always welcome~

Kendian 12-31-12 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I'm really close to being satisfied with this. (small things to do, i.e. font size on debuff stack, get rid of dispellable debuff on raid frames) Please C&C and suggestions needed, wanted~

Phanx 12-31-12 04:21 PM

Well, I can't read anything at all in that UI, but I guess it's for 21-year-olds with 20/5 vision and 60" monitors. :p

Showing 28 players in your damage/threat/whatever meter seems a bit excessive. I'd limit it to 10 or even 5, and let users scroll if they really want to see #28. (Also, how are you getting 28 players on your meter in a 25-player raid?)

It might balance out better to move the objectives tracker to the top left, above the raid frames. Alternatively, you could just hide it during combat.

The tiny bars just above the action bars seem out of place... they don't line up with anything, the action button glow overlaps them, etc. If the bottom one is showing rep, why not use the info bar below your action bars to show rep since it's not showing anything else as a statusbar? I also have no idea why you have your ToT's name shown next to your holy power bar and a rep bar.

Kendian 12-31-12 05:33 PM

I usually only show 10 in dps meter, lol, was checking it out previously, forgot to put it back, and usually have quest tracker hid in raid, but just switched to a newer one, and haven't played with it yet, the bars above my action bar is threat meter and holy power. I tried having holy power on my unit frame, but being a clicker, my focus is generally right there hovering over my buttons =(
I also just updated freebgrid and forgot to turn off dispel able debuffs.
I'm almost twice 21yrs, and my monitor is only 23 inches, but I do have 20/13 vision :p
Thanks for looking and commenting, lady~

Kendian 01-17-13 07:37 PM

Trying to show some of the details and scripted panels that this community has helped me with over the years. Fullscreen and highest res to see the pixel perfect borders.

http://youtu.be/ISD46SvMtto

Panels scripted for Seerah's awesome Sstats AddOn
http://youtu.be/5BpwJ9hOD8E

Would love C&C/Suggestions~ :)

Phanx 01-17-13 08:51 PM

Would love screenshots instead of videos. :(

Kendian 04-02-13 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some small changes, mostly cosmetic, have really tried to streamline how it looks and feels. As always, comments, criticisms, and suggestions are welcome~