WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Suggestion Box (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   A couple of Suggestions (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24788)

Terraan 06-15-09 09:51 PM

A couple of Suggestions

1. Create a one bag solution. I normally use Bagnon, but I think if nUI had it's own Bag Management then that would be cool.
;)

2. Wintergrasp timer

3. Currency tracker -- Honor points, Marks, Gold, etc.
(This might be part of the ammo/gold tracker in to-do list)

4. XPerl Unit Frame integration would be cool. I used to use XPerl a lot because of the ton of information in a small frame.

Carz 06-16-09 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terraan (Post 143273)

3. Currency tracker -- Honor points, Marks, Gold, etc.
(This might be part of the ammo/gold tracker in to-do list)

I'm pretty sure that is on the to-do-list

spiel2001 06-17-09 04:03 AM

In due time I may include a one-bag solution... it's just not real high on the priority list and nUI has no conflicts with the existing solutions, either, so you can use ArkInventory or any of the other bag mods with nUI until then and then use the slash command to have nUI only display the backpack on the bag bar.

As for the WinterGrasp timer. This is not one I suspect I'll end up doing because now we're moving from user interface into the realm of battleground management which is not what nUI is. If anyone wants to suggest a popular battleground manager for integration into the info panel, I'm all ears (eyes) but otherwise, that's not an area I see nUI moving into ever.

The currency tracker is, as already noted, on the to-do list.

And as for xPerl integration... nope. Why? The only difference between xPerl and nUI is the layout and virtually everything about nUI's unit frame layout is configurable. In fact, I would argue that nUI's unit frames are as configurable as, or more configurable, than any other unit frame mod out there. In this case, not only is this not an area I plan to go into -- integration with xPerl -- this is the antithisis of what nUI's design is all about.

Cesard 07-07-09 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 143435)
And as for xPerl integration... nope. Why? The only difference between xPerl and nUI is the layout and virtually everything about nUI's unit frame layout is configurable. In fact, I would argue that nUI's unit frames are as configurable as, or more configurable, than any other unit frame mod out there. In this case, not only is this not an area I plan to go into -- integration with xPerl -- this is the antithisis of what nUI's design is all about.

Well, the only thing I'd really miss from xperl that I can't find in nUI is in xperl you can see the number of how many others are targeting whatever is in the frame.. Plus, if you click the number, it will give a list of who all's targeting that frame.. If I see a number greater than zero on my player frame, I like to click on it to see who all's targeting me. If I see a critter with 17 people targeting it, I know at a glance that that's what I should be targeting in a raid, for example. Sometimes they're not raid marked because there isn't time.

Can nUI be configured for something like this?

Thanks!

spiel2001 07-07-09 12:53 PM

It cannot at this time, but it will be a feature in the future.

Xrystal 07-07-09 01:27 PM

Scott would it be possible for plugins to create overlays similar to the cooldown text to perhaps display a count of who has your target targetted by cycling through the raid/party list and track who is targetting what ?

That way nUI isn't being changed but the option is there to display the value as just as number or even a button as suggested to list who has that targetted too. Just an idea in the interim while you work on more important things :D

spiel2001 07-07-09 01:29 PM

It would be possible, but less efficient. I've been wanting to add that capability anyway because it's needed for some other things, as well. So it will be a default module in the [ nUI > Units ] tree and able to take advantage of the event engine.

Wolfje63 07-09-09 02:30 AM

For information about all kind of things I use Titanpanel. Intergrates beatifully into Nui(+) and you can get loads of plugins for it.

ie:
Titan Panel [Wintergrasp] (Wintergrasp timer).
Titan Panel [Currency] (for showing all kinds of currency)
List of most plugins: Titanpanel plugins.

If you looking for a standalone Wintergrasp addon, I would suggest WinterTime.

Hope this helps :).