WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Trinity 2.0 Visual Makeover (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14382)

Tonedef 01-05-08 12:20 AM

Trinity 2.0 Visual Makeover

((v1.2 UPDATE!!))

Nothing major, just the addition of dark versions of the skins and enhanced the square gloss. :)

DOWNLOAD!

----------------------------------------------------------

cyCircled: Adornment

Alright, since I have been asked by multiple people, I have ported mat (without gloss) versions of these skins to cyCircled.

cyCircled: Adornment
DOWNLOAD NOW!!

ALSO!

cyCircled skins are available in the Trinity skin selections, so if you want the non-gloss versions for Trinity, you should also download 'cyCircled' & 'cyCircled: Adornment'.

Hope you all enjoy them!

----------------------------------------------------------

((OLD))
Here is my 'Toned' Trinity mod for anyone who would like to do some tests while I wait for Mauls word as to whether he will include them in the official version.

Keep in mind that this is still a WIP. Also, it will require you to overwrite your trinity.xml file to get the enhanced UI.

For the whole package just unzip and overwrite like it were any other update. For just the skins only unpack the "TrinityBars2" only.

If you find any problems or have any suggestions just PM me or post here :).

Preview "Glow - Round"

Details:
Code:

v 1.2
- Added dark versions of skins
- Updated Square gloss quality

v1
- All new Logo
- All new Logotype
- Reworked art for higher quality
- 2 New Button Skin "Glow - Round" & "Glow - Square"
- Menu background changed for easier visibility (semi transparent)

--Modified Files

- trinity2/Trinity2.xml
- TrinityBars2/TrinityBars2.buttonSkins.lua
- trinity2/images/RoundCheck.tga
- trinity2/images/RoundCheckDisabled.tga
- trinity2/images/RoundCheckBox.tga
- trinity2/images/RoundCheckGreen.tga
- trinity2/images/TrinityLogo.tga

--Added Files

- trinity2/images/TrinityButtonLogo.tga
- trinitybars2/images/GlowRoundButton.tga
- trinitybars2/images/GlowRoundButtonChecked.tga
- trinitybars2/images/GlowRoundButtonHighlight.tga
- trinitybars2/images/GlowRoundButtonSheen.tga
- trinitybars2/images/GlowSquare_Frame.tga
- trinitybars2/images/GlowSquare_Checked.tga
- trinitybars2/images/GlowSquare_Highlight.tga
- trinitybars2/images/GlowSquare_Sheen.tga

Seerah 01-05-08 12:47 AM

ooh, I'd like to see those in cyCircled - I like them a lot better than the serenity circle ones. :)

naeem151287 01-05-08 12:55 AM

i agree with Seerah...they look really nice

Tonedef 01-05-08 01:24 AM

I just went and took a look at the cyCircled addon to see how it works and I think I should be able to bring the skin over there too.

Maxian 01-05-08 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonedef
I just went and took a look at the cyCircled addon to see how it works and I think I should be able to bring the skin over there too.

Please do that they look awesome!

Petrah 01-05-08 05:55 AM

Oh my, those are awesome!

Great job on those!

Syxx 01-06-08 07:30 AM

My goodness those are fantastic looking.
I look forward to seeing those for Cycircled too!
But I might grab Trinity just to see them now. ;)

Dreadlorde 01-06-08 10:27 AM

Ooh -- Shiny :)

Good job!

Tonedef 01-09-08 08:52 PM

Well, Maul (Trinity Author) is going to putting this into the default trinity! YAY!

Though I still have some touch-ups I would like to do on the squares. And I haven't received any negative feedback so everything else should stay the same.

As for adding these skins to cyCircled, work is on hold as of now due to the way that cyCircled handles the skin layers. I don't feel that the skin meets my standard with that form. I have sent a message to cyCircles author, but have yet to hear back :). Hopefully it will work out though.

Syxx 01-09-08 09:22 PM

I installed Trinity2 and absolutely love the square buttons. I've had no issues at all. Infact, Trinity2 has replaced Bartender3/Bongos2 for my bar mod. I used Trinity when it first came out (shortly after the unfortunate demise of BibMod) but was having problems. I liked the skin so much I took another look and wow! :)
Nice work. The logo looks fantastic too. Excellent work.

Tonedef 01-09-08 10:13 PM

I am glad you like the current square buttons! :)

Personally I felt that the gloss/sheen was lacking as I was going for a very crisp shiny tech sort of look.

Here is my most recent version that I am considering making final

Big image I know...

khangg 01-09-08 10:28 PM

Those are awesome :) But I don't use Trinity :( Was wondering if you could make the square one, without the shine, but with the white outline with cyCircled? It's a lot of work but it'd be awesome if you did :)

Tonedef 01-09-08 10:39 PM

yes, I suppose I could. It is the gloss that makes me dislike cyCircle :)

I will see what I can do tomorrow.

I can say that I really enjoy doing art assets such as this...so keep requests coming :). Wonder what addon I will redo next :)

Syxx 01-10-08 04:36 AM

Those new ones look very nice too Tonedef. :)

@khangg - There is a Cycircled skin close to this without the gloss. It's called simpleSquare. Looks VERY close to the square buttons without the gloss. Might give them a look.

Fuzzywuzzy 01-10-08 07:31 AM

Looking great, but any chance of getting those with a black border instead of white? Would fit better to what i use in my UI i think.

littlebuddha79 01-10-08 10:56 PM

I have tried the new skin and like it a lot, but the white border is a bit distracting from the color of the button itself (when the button turns red if target is out of range for example).

I really like the way the empty buttons look and would love to keep them like that even if something is placed in the button.

I am one step below novice when it comes to reading/writing code, but if I'm looking at it right, I should just be able to change a couple lines of code in TrinityBars2.buttonSkins.lua so that the texture is not changed when something is placed in the button.

What I don't know is which lines need to be changed to what.

Could anyone possibly let me know which lines need to be changed, or even if I am in the generally right thinking with my idea.

Thanks.

khangg 01-11-08 01:03 AM

@ Syxx, thanks :D These are exactly what I wanted :) But I'm going to have to switch from VolM and simpleSquare like every day seeing as how I like both equally as much.

Syxx 01-11-08 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khangg
@ Syxx, thanks :D These are exactly what I wanted :) But I'm going to have to switch from VolM and simpleSquare like every day seeing as how I like both equally as much.

You bet! Glad to have helped. I think someone needs to write a neat little addon to randomize CyCircled skins. I know I've done the switch between 2 or 3 favorites before.
If I knew anything about LUA I'd try but I don't see that happening.

Tonedef 01-11-08 05:04 AM

Like this Fuzzy?

Fuzzywuzzy 01-11-08 05:45 AM

:)

Yes exactly like that, looks very very nice ;)