WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   LF Photoshop help (masque skin) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45793)

Rusken 02-07-13 04:48 AM

LF Photoshop help (masque skin)

As the title says, i have been going through pretty much all the masque and buttonfacade skins there is out there in hope of that one of them could provide me with a black/grey/black border at lower scales in bartender (0.6 and down).
So far there is only 1 skin that can do this for me (Masque vista), the problem is that this skin is bright at the top of the border and becomes darker at the bottom.
What i want is the whole "inner" border to have the same color/brightness as the top, the problem is that i know absolutely nothing about photoshop so i wonder if there is anyone here that could help me with this, if there is, i would be forever grateful<3
Here's a screenshot of the skin with the color at white and a big scale just to show what i mean.

And here is the skin http://fuskbugg.se/dl/LxCdTJ/Masque_Vista.rar

Phanx 02-07-13 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusken (Post 272797)
... at lower scales in bartender (0.6 and down)

What resolution are you playing on where 0.6 is even usable? I can barely identify an icon at that size, let alone anything smaller, on a 24" monitor at 1920x1080 which isn't even that big. o_O

Anyway, attached are the border files with the change you described. For other changes, just open the file you want to change in GIMP (free), Paint.NET (free), Photoshop (not free), etc. and change the colors. In this case, it was a simple matter of selecting an area and filling it with a color. You could even do this in Windows Paint, if it supported TGA files. ;)

Rusken 02-07-13 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 272798)
What resolution are you playing on where 0.6 is even usable? I can barely identify an icon at that size, let alone anything smaller, on a 24" monitor at 1920x1080 which isn't even that big. o_O

Anyway, attached are the border files with the change you described. For other changes, just open the file you want to change in GIMP (free), Paint.NET (free), Photoshop (not free), etc. and change the colors. In this case, it was a simple matter of selecting an area and filling it with a color. You could even do this in Windows Paint, if it supported TGA files. ;)

Thank you so much mate! I owe you one.
I am using 1920x1080 at a 23" with the lowest UI scale and this is how my old UI looked with that ->

ravagernl 02-07-13 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 272798)

I would need prophylactic use of acetaminophen in order to be able to play like that even... How does one even notice a cooldown or proc at that scale.. Hehe...

/offtopic

Phanx 02-07-13 06:25 PM

If you mean me, my action bars are scaled to 170% size. :p

Anj 02-08-13 02:47 AM

As someone used to pixel fonts in UI's like FreeUI, Shestak UI, and Real UI, I would very much like to test your UI, Rusken.

Rusken 02-08-13 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anj (Post 272839)
As someone used to pixel fonts in UI's like FreeUI, Shestak UI, and Real UI, I would very much like to test your UI, Rusken.

I am currently working on an UI with the same layout but that will be more functional and have better looking borders.
Still black/grey/black but without any pixel errors and they will be merged together.
Some textures will be changed and i will put some time in to the raid frames this time, in the UI i posted its grid with 10 minutes of work put in to it and it didn't match the rest of the UI since i used 1pix black borders for it.
I can notify you when it's done if you like to try it:)

Anj 02-08-13 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusken (Post 272843)
I can notify you when it's done if you like to try it:)

That would be great! Thanks!