WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Developer Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   A powerfull info panel? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26731)

richwarf 08-22-09 03:09 PM

A powerfull info panel?

Ok, one small thing i whold like is if some one was able to code a info panel addon for me?

What i whold like it to do is,
When solo (not in a party) show carbonite
When in party or raid show Skada (i going to try that now seeing some other posts on this boards)

How hand whold suck a thing be to code?
And any hope some one can code such a thing?

Akryn 08-22-09 03:23 PM

I don't actually know the answer to your question (although I doubt it would be very hard, considering it's basically already been done); but I'm curious: assuming that "hand whold suck" -> "hard would such" -- what keyboard layout are you using? :p

Xrystal 08-22-09 04:33 PM

It sounds simple enough but we would have to delve into the nUI code to see how the info panels are switched when you click the button . However, it may not be possible to automatically switch the panels when jumping into combat. The panel switch button may be a secure button which you can programmatically predefine to process a certain way and thus most likely unaffected by combat. An automatic processor may not be possible but interesting enough to try.

richwarf 08-22-09 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akryn (Post 155169)
I don't actually know the answer to your question (although I doubt it would be very hard, considering it's basically already been done); but I'm curious: assuming that "hand whold suck" -> "hard would such" -- what keyboard layout are you using? :p

It called beer, sleeply and a UK keyboard (on a G15). (IE " is on 2 and @ is on ' :P )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 155175)
It sounds simple enough but we would have to delve into the nUI code to see how the info panels are switched when you click the button . However, it may not be possible to automatically switch the panels when jumping into combat. The panel switch button may be a secure button which you can programmatically predefine to process a certain way and thus most likely unaffected by combat. An automatic processor may not be possible but interesting enough to try.

I normaly come out with good idears (if you can read typos :P)

I will be sure to happy to help if i can :)

The main reson why i ask is atm when i zone in i cant see a map on carbonaite :/ (never been bothed to check to see if it a know bug)

Xrystal 08-31-09 12:17 PM

Okay, getting closer to figuring this out.

So far I can manually change to any info panel with a slash command test. However, when I tested this while in combat it didn't work. So I am guessing there is something else I need to figure out to make it work while in combat. There's probably something I am missing from the main infopanel selector code but I can't spot it yet.

Also, even if I put the switcher to only switch when out of combat, at least useful for party/solo/raid changes, if it is attempted while in combat it doesn't update the window properly when you then tell it to switch after the fight is over. Even though it works while not in combat ( or so it seems ).

Methinks more investigation required.

spiel2001 08-31-09 02:27 PM

Odds are that the attempt to change the panel with a slash command is tainting in combat since most info panels use secure code.

Xrystal 08-31-09 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 156966)
Odds are that the attempt to change the panel with a slash command is tainting in combat since most info panels use secure code.

Yep, but does that mean the same code will work if coded to work when combat is activated or deactivate ? The slash commands I was using to test whether the switching works and apart from the combat situation it seems to be working fine. It hides the panel currently displayed and shows the panel requested.

The idea is to set up a config system whereby a user can specify which panels to display when. Raiding ? Show Skada. In a Town ? Show Chat Frame. Default display etc. When the specified event occurs, switch panels. The question is whether the switch will work in combat ( using just code ) or whether I can fix it so that it switches after combat finishes and switches properly which at present I have to /rl to get it to display the requested panel properly after combat if requested during combat.

spiel2001 08-31-09 05:04 PM

Yeah -- you would have to test for InCombatLockdown() and not respond to the slash command if in combat... the player would have to click the button then to change panels... it's a Bliz thing to prevent botting.

Xrystal 08-31-09 05:11 PM

Ah, that could be where I am going wrong. I put the InCombatLockdown test in the function that is called from the slash command handler so I guess I just need to set it there too.

But reading back on what was requested there should be no need to auto switch based on combat. But just in case you join a raid mid combat I would have to add that check.

Thanks Scott.