WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   v5.06.23 Bug (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33362)

phetish 06-23-10 12:27 AM

v5.06.23 Bug

This fixed the placement of the chat frames for me when .22 didn't - thank you!

This created one new issue for me though - I can only see my chat entry box when on the "General" tab. I have 5 tabs total, and when I try to chat on any tab but General, the chat box doesn't pop up when I hit enter to chat.

No addons - nUI+ 5.06.23

phetish 06-23-10 12:41 AM

oh and just a style preference for me, but I'd like to see the text entry box above the chat panes. I wouldn't care if they covered the tabs while i was typing, but covering part of the chat pane itself means that part of the conversation is covered up.

Thanks again for the awesomeness that is nUI!

spiel2001 06-23-10 12:41 AM

I just tested with several extra chat frames and every frame had it's own chat box. Are you using the class style or the new style chat frames?

spiel2001 06-23-10 12:42 AM

They're not covering part of the chat... if you look at how Blizzard has set up the scroll region for the new chat frames, they do not scroll all the way to the top of the frame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phetish (Post 193522)
oh and just a style preference for me, but I'd like to see the text entry box above the chat panes. I wouldn't care if they covered the tabs while i was typing, but covering part of the chat pane itself means that part of the conversation is covered up.

Thanks again for the awesomeness that is nUI!

phetish 06-23-10 12:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep - I was using classic style. I had forgotten that I had changed that while trying to test out fixes for the chatbox.

even after changing that, I still have the chat entry box covering my conversation. SS attached.

spiel2001 06-23-10 12:52 AM

Okay -- it looks like I'll have to tweak that some. I couldn't get it to overlap on my wide-screen... I'll play with resolutions and see if I can find one that does it.

nono031 06-23-10 01:28 AM

Hi all,

Can you help me ?

I have just enable nUI... And when I switch back to the 5.06.21 there is no more problems

Thanks

Message: Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:138: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Time: Wed Jun 23 09:22:08 2010
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:138: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:120>
[C]: in function `SetAttribute'
Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:11: in function `RegisterStateDriver'
...youts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua:408: in function `setEnabled'
...youts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua:204: in function `initPanel'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:793: in function `applyScale'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:908: in function `applyOptions'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:937: in function `applySkin'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:252: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:137>

Locals: self = SecureStateDriverManager {
0 = <userdata>
}
name = "setstate"
value = "visibility hide"
frame = nil
state = "state-visibility"
values = "hide"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "visibility"
(*temporary) = "hide"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
secureStateDrivers = <table> {
(null) = <table> {
}
(null) = <table> {
}
(null) = <table> {
}
}
unitExistsWatchers = <table> {
}
SecureStateDriverManager_UpdateUnitWatch = <function> defined @Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:62
STATE_DRIVER_UPDATE_THROTTLE = 0.2

Lorickane 06-23-10 05:26 AM

hi,

can you help me please ?
I just have to update nui and a lot of things have change :(
I can't see my chat tab that I created ...

Telepavarion 06-23-10 05:30 AM

Where do you come from? are you playing on a European Realm which isn't update to the new 3.3.5 Patch today.

I take the new update of nUI and it's look exactly the same. Then I downgrade and everything is back again. So I think you only should update if your Realm is patched to 3.3.5.

Lorickane 06-23-10 05:33 AM

yes, I play in vol'jin
How can I return before the update ?

Telepavarion 06-23-10 05:37 AM

Go to the Addons Page and then Click on the "Archived" Tab. There take the Version 5.06.20 and then everything should be okay. :)

bobbyuk22 06-23-10 05:43 AM

Just clicked on the addons tab at the top but cant find the archive link, can you link the url in chat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telepavarion (Post 193570)
Go to the Addons Page and then Click on the "Archived" Tab. There take the Version 5.06.20 and then everything should be okay. :)

Lorickane 06-23-10 05:44 AM

I reinstalled the previous version through the curse client and any site operates again

thanks ^^

Telepavarion 06-23-10 06:14 AM

I mean you have to go to the Download side where you Download nUI.
I don't know if you use nUI or nUI+. So go to the page where you have get the latest nUI Version. There you find the "Archived" Tab.

For nUI+ This is the Link: http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#archives (note that you only can access that side if you have been registered for nUI+. For more Informations about that, look on http://www.nuiaddon.com)

Nightmare_Lord 06-23-10 09:18 AM

Chat style + Tabs

Scott,

when I have my chat style set to new IM it covers nui bonus bar 1 where I can't drag spells on it or nothing, I have to put it to Classic Style to be able to move things around on that bar or click spells. my chat box is in the default spot at the bottom of the chat,

Also I can't seem to figure out how to put things in tab, I clicked on someone name and I don't get the option to put in tab or things like trade and stuff. HELP

Xrystal 06-23-10 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmare_Lord (Post 193616)
Scott,

when I have my chat style set to new IM it covers nui bonus bar 1 where I can't drag spells on it or nothing, I have to put it to Classic Style to be able to move things around on that bar or click spells. my chat box is in the default spot at the bottom of the chat,

Also I can't seem to figure out how to put things in tab, I clicked on someone name and I don't get the option to put in tab or things like trade and stuff. HELP

One of my guildies is having that problem as well. I suspect you also don't have an option in your interface window that says something like BattleNet!. It may all be linked. Most of us had everything working straight off the bat so hard to see what could be blocking it.

Nightmare_Lord 06-23-10 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 193619)
One of my guildies is having that problem as well. I suspect you also don't have an option in your interface window that says something like BattleNet!. It may all be linked. Most of us had everything working straight off the bat so hard to see what could be blocking it.

figure out the tab thing, have to right click the general tab and click Make Interactive

*that only seems to help get like option to move guild to another tab, trade and whisper still seems not to have that option

Merianna 06-23-10 11:55 AM

some of the bugs ppl probaly get it cuz in europe we don't got version 3.3.5 yet

I'm gonna keep version 5.06.22 of Nui running cuz it don't make me bug

crazzzzi 06-23-10 01:22 PM

sorry to butt in, but i am having the same minor problem, the text entry box covers the top line of text in the chat frame. other than that still awesome!!

spiel2001 06-23-10 01:31 PM

I'll have an update out tonight for the edit box overlay problem.