WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Community Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Cataclysm Beta (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33671)

voodoodad 09-02-10 07:16 PM

Scott if it helps at all, it seems as if all actionbar mods are fubarred to a certain extent. Of the ones I've tried, bartender4 seems to come the closest to working. The only real problem I found with it is that bar paging isn't working. I'm leveling a rogue and when I stealth it won't change to the stealth bar. Other than that, it works fine. My guess is that the only problem you'll have with your actionbar code is getting the paging to work correctly.

Now, when I checked on nUI5 with the beta the chat boxes were completely fine; IE in correct positions and all. After 3.5's crits on nUI's chat functions I'm sure that's a relief.

Xrystal 09-03-10 05:21 AM

Rofl, thought I would see if I could at least get nUI5 running somewhat but meh .. fixed the first error no problems .. now I only get 4 errors,

1. Blizzard_FeedbackUI
Code:

Message: ...e\AddOns\Blizzard_FeedbackUI\Blizzard_FeedbackUI.lua:1943: attempt to index global 'PetPaperDollFrameCompanionFrame' (a nil value)
Time: 09/03/10 12:17:06
Count: 1
Stack: ...e\AddOns\Blizzard_FeedbackUI\Blizzard_FeedbackUI.lua:1943: in function `FeedbackUI_CompanionHook'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_FeedbackUI\Blizzard_FeedbackUI.lua:436: in function `FeedbackUI_OnEvent'
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

Locals: (for index) = 1
(for limit) = 16
(for step) = 1
i = 1
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "CRITTER"
(*temporary) = 16
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'PetPaperDollFrameCompanionFrame' (a nil value)"

2. stack overflow with nUI tooltips
Code:

Message: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:126: stack overflow
Time: 09/03/10 12:17:10
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:126: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:109>
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:281: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:271>
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:303: in function `nUI_SavedTooltip_SetOwner'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:130: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:109>
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:281: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:271>
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:303: in function `nUI_SavedTooltip_SetOwner'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:130: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:109>
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:303: in function `SetOwner'
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:72>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function `GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
[string "*:OnTooltipSetDefaultAnchor"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnTooltipSetDefaultAnchor"]:1>

Locals: owner = UIParent {
 0 = <userdata>
 firstTimeLoaded = 1
}
anchor = "ANCHOR_NONE"
xOfs = 0
yOfs = 0
tooltip = GameTooltip {
 0 = <userdata>
 SetTrainerService = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetQuestLogSpecialItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetInboxItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetBuybackItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 shoppingTooltips = <table> {
 }
 SetMerchantItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetQuestLogItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetTradeSkillItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetTradeTargetItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetTalent = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetTradePlayerItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetOwner = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:295
 SetSendMailItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 updateTooltip = 0.2
 SetInventoryItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 ClearAllPoints = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetPoint = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetLootRollItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetAllPoints = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetSpellBookItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetAuctionSellItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetBagItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetHyperlink = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetMerchantCostItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetLootItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetQuestItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetAuctionItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
}
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(*temporary) = GameTooltip {
 0 = <userdata>
 SetTrainerService = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetQuestLogSpecialItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetInboxItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetBuybackItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 shoppingTooltips = <table> {
 }
 SetMerchantItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetQuestLogItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetTradeSkillItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetTradeTargetItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetTalent = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetTradePlayerItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 SetOwner = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Tooltips.lua:295
 SetSendMailItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 updateTooltip = 0.2
 SetInventoryItem = <function> def

3,4 : As above but on line 147

I guess I will wait until you get the nUI6 out there :D

Wasgij 09-03-10 11:29 PM

I need My Nui crack in the beta ..... I am going through with Draw already lol

WOWVern 09-04-10 09:42 PM

Hello all, just got nUI and looking good. I don't have the beta for Cata (and probably won't this late in the game) yet, so won't be able to help, but I am getting the CE when the release comes out.

spiel2001 09-05-10 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well... I'm still working this weekend. /sigh

It looks like I'm not going to have a day off until this coming Friday (four or five day weekend since I'm working all three weekend days) -- depending on when I get out of the office tomorrow, I may or may not be able to get the nUI6 Cataclysm release out until Friday.

But, I did have success today and there's enough geeks in the group here that I just had to share the system I've been building since Friday...

I'll post another photo when I get the trainer up and running on it (Chinook Helicopter trainer)

Vis 09-05-10 07:03 PM

WTB your monitor setup, and likely the hardware powering it all.....

But I have to subtract style/cool points for not having nUI spanned across them when you took the photo :D

Dramber 09-05-10 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis (Post 205199)
But I have to subtract style/cool points for not having nUI spanned across them when you took the photo :D

There isn't enough room in one screen shot for that much awesome.

spiel2001 09-05-10 07:59 PM

~lmao~

I'm gonna have to do that tomorrow... I don't think the boss would have too much coronary over it since I'm working on my time for this effort. It would be a picture worth having. No way I can get the UI on that (I would die a painful death for installing WoW on that machine), but I certainly should be able to get the logo on the screens at least.

EDIT: Oh, and yeah... 8 processors, 12 displays (2 HUDs you can't see in the photo), 11gig of ram, a terabyte of storage... it's a serious piece of hardware.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis (Post 205199)
WTB your monitor setup, and likely the hardware powering it all.....

WOWVern 09-06-10 01:05 PM

I have you beat on storage: 2.25 TB

The rest I WTB, but where do I come up with the dough?!? D'OH!

Oh, cool Matrix screensaver, btw.

spiel2001 09-06-10 08:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Success! /yaay

So... I have a day off tomorrow (Tuesday) since I just worked straight through the weekend (12 hours today). I will try to get a nUI6 out for Cataclysm tomorrow if I can. No promise, but I'll do my best.

Here's the glass cockpit part of the Chinook fwiw (and the last shot is the glass cockpit for a Blackhawk)...

voodoodad 09-06-10 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 205324)
Success! /yaay

So... I have a day off tomorrow (Tuesday) since I just worked straight through the weekend (12 hours today). I will try to get a nUI6 out for Cataclysm tomorrow if I can. No promise, but I'll do my best.

Here's the glass cockpit part of the Chinook fwiw (and the last shot is the glass cockpit for a Blackhawk)...

Man! nUI6 is looking wayyyy more sophisticated than nUI5 did!

Wut? It's not? Crap. Sorry.

spiel2001 09-07-10 05:27 AM

~lol~

yeah... it's so good you don't even need to see the 3D world anymore... just the machine interface and let it rip!

spiel2001 09-08-10 06:41 AM

Well... obviously I did not get a copy of nUI6 out for Cataclysm yesterday. Bottom line is the action bars aren't ready... at least not ready enough to work. As soon as I can sort that out and have working action buttons in the UI, I'll get the alpha out for Cataclysm.

Daveo77 09-08-10 07:28 AM

I have access to Catacylsm Beta and also using nUI

nightman116 09-08-10 10:47 AM

I'm also in beta, been in it for a while.

Wasgij 09-08-10 11:40 AM

The Action bars are Giving alot of people issue's...... BT4 causes stuttering before Combat .... I have not looked at the Default code.... I hope you get it worked out the Default UI is making me sick to my stomach. I have had 6 things of Peopto and 12 roll of ant acid .... LOL

Seer 09-08-10 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 205471)
Well... obviously I did not get a copy of nUI6 out for Cataclysm yesterday. Bottom line is the action bars aren't ready... at least not ready enough to work. As soon as I can sort that out and have working action buttons in the UI, I'll get the alpha out for Cataclysm.

The action bars in the default ui are somewhat different then those in lich. Like showing what spells benefit from Soulburn visually. They seem far more.. "advanced" then what they used to be.

Hope you don't spend all the time on coding nUI6 and also try to "enjoy" the new stuff in the beta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasgij (Post 205518)
I hope you get it worked out the Default UI is making me sick to my stomach. I have had 6 things of Peopto and 12 roll of ant acid .... LOL

I used Chaos frame modifier to move the unit frames and action bars to a more comfortable location making it somewhat more tolerable.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eModifier.html

Pur 09-11-10 06:46 AM

i am in at the EU Server

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 195548)
Are there any nUI users who are participating in the Cataclysm beta?

I have access to the beta, cannot wait to try NUi there.

Seer 09-12-10 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seer (Post 205520)
Hope you don't spend all the time on coding nUI6 and also try to "enjoy" the new stuff in the beta.

And with that said, blizz goes into overdrive and makes the 4.0 ptr available so now a lot more nUI users can test out nUI with some new stuf.

Won't be too long I guess for a live release as well. :)

Wasgij 09-12-10 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seer (Post 205893)
Won't be too long I guess for a live release as well. :)

The PTR is extremely Buggy ,....... I dont see Live being released till December or Later ... Alot of Content still is not in the game so better they take there time and fix it right....