WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Mini Map Issue (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27740)

Vahk 10-08-09 06:44 AM

Mini Map Issue

I tried using the out dated add-on, "nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap.

Now my Minimap is stuck in the upper right-hand corner. After uninstalling the add-on, I got this error message when logging into my WoW:

"nUI: Management of the minimap has been DISABLED"

How do I ENABLE it again. I tried re-installing nUI, but that didn't help at all. I tried turning off all add-ons and ran nUI all by itself.....and that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Petrah 10-08-09 07:22 AM

The addon is essentially not outdated. The code works fine, the toc file number is outdated... toc numbers have no relevance to how an addon works. ;)

Here is a F.A.Q for all of the slash commands that nUI supports.

"/nui minimap' slash command to toggle nUI management of the Blizzard minimap on and off (for compatability with addons like SimpleMinimap) -- note: using this command will force an user interface reload"

Vahk 10-08-09 05:22 PM

Thanks

I guess I am completely blind, because there is NO such command listed on the slash command FAQ page, which I have previously gone over several times in the past.

There is also no such command listed on in-game help for slash commands. But again, I must be blind.

Anyway, thanks for your help. At least you have 20/20 vision (or can see the future of an updated FAQ page). The command did the trick for me.

spiel2001 10-08-09 09:40 PM

Yeah -- turns out I missed that command in the FAQ listing... I did fix it this evening, so I guess is was Silenia's precognitive abilities at work there ~grin~

Petrah 10-09-09 02:22 AM

I cheated and looked at the commands from the official nUI site /nods

korenogamer 10-16-09 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 161402)
The addon is essentially not outdated. The code works fine, the toc file number is outdated... toc numbers have no relevance to how an addon works. ;)

Here is a F.A.Q for all of the slash commands that nUI supports.

"/nui minimap' slash command to toggle nUI management of the Blizzard minimap on and off (for compatability with addons like SimpleMinimap) -- note: using this command will force an user interface reload"

This is not fixing my issue... When I load the minimap infopanel from curse client, it messes up the UI.. I do not get anything in the middle area of the UI. And I get an error window that never goes away

Vis 10-16-09 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korenogamer (Post 162450)
When I load the minimap infopanel from curse client

This may be the issue. The version of the Infopanel_Minimap hosted on Curse is v1.02 (dated 3/25/2009) while the version hosted here at WoWI is v1.03 (dated 4/16/2009) From the changelog here on WoWI, the bold content is the difference between Curse and the version hosted here:

Quote:

Fixed a compatibility problem with nUI 5.0

Fixes a mouseover issue that caused the minimap's "hit box" to overlap areas outside of the minimap itself.

Fixed for WoW Patch 3.1
I would download the copy from here, and install it after deleting the previous one from Curse.com and see if that fixes your error's.

Direct Link: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...anel.html#info

dotpwn 10-22-09 05:04 PM

I am having a different issue with the mini map on some of my toons but not others. The +,-,world map icon and such are off to the right and up from where they should be. They are to the right in the spot where other party members would be in the right side and up approximately 1/2 inch. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

spiel2001 10-22-09 05:28 PM

Could you post a screen shot please?

Just reply to this message and scroll down the message editor page to where it says "Manage Attachments" and upload a screenshot so I can see what you're describing.

dotpwn 10-22-09 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
screen shot
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/a...1&d=1256265541
thanks for the fast reply

Xrystal 10-23-09 12:01 AM

Do you have any other map mods installed. It looks like it thinks the map is longer than it is as there are several buttons over too far to the right. Perhaps another map mod is interfering somewhere along the line.

dotpwn 10-23-09 02:08 AM

the only other map mod I run is cartographer and I have it on all my toons but like I said this thing with the map icons is only on some of them and all are diff classes so Im not sure I will try disabling everything but nui and see if it is that thanks for the help though.

spiel2001 10-23-09 04:05 AM

Yeah... that looks to me like another mod is interfering with nUI's minimap.

dotpwn 10-23-09 08:02 PM

I deleted all my addons and reinstalled and its all good now thank you for your help.