WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gameplay (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Horde profession? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43670)

Mossbeard 07-07-12 10:20 PM

Horde profession?

What's a really good profession for Horde and what race would it be be st for?

Seerah 07-07-12 10:43 PM

There is no profession that is better for horde than for alliance. What class is your character?

Mossbeard 07-07-12 11:16 PM

I have a Blood elf Rogue & Paladin. Both of which I just started.

Fizzlemizz 07-08-12 12:01 AM

If you want to craft gear then Skinning, Leatherworking for the Rogue and Mining, Blacksmithing for the Paladin. Blacksmithing is also good for weapons.

Both gathering professions, Skining and Mining are also profitable Auction House professions for later on.

Mossbeard 07-08-12 07:19 AM

Is there a lot of skinning and mining "available"? I know mining has a nice spot on the alliance side but what about horde?

Shini 07-08-12 07:35 AM

You can mine the same area's Oo
Really faction has nothing to do with professions ...

Unless you mean AH sales related, but then there are other addons / site's for that info..

Cheers,
Shini.

Talyrius 07-08-12 07:41 AM

There are no differences between the Alliance and the Horde regarding the usefulness of professions.

If you're referring to the economic demand for items and materials from professions, I suggest you check your realm's prices at the auction house or on a site like the Undermine Journal.

Mossbeard 07-08-12 08:47 AM

I'm not asking about faction vs. faction professions I'm just wondering how "available" the ore is. Like I said, there's a nice place on the alliance side to get lots of copper ore which sells pretty good. Just wondering if there is any places like that on the horde side and if so where? :banana:

Shini 07-08-12 09:11 AM

You can go to that same place and farm btw :O
Also, google for "Mining guide 1-525" and you'll get it on the first link...
You'll have a detailed mining list (even for specific ores, not just lvling mining as a profession)

Cheers,
Shini.

Fizzlemizz 07-08-12 11:59 AM

As you level up you will mine different ores and skin different creatures in different zones. At pretty much each level there is a zone that provides the most effective place to "farm" materials no matter which faction you are with.

The only difference 1-60 is that some zones might be easier for Horde to get to and some might be easier for Alliance ie. they only have a flight path for one side but it pretty much evens out in the end.

jeffy162 07-08-12 04:39 PM

If you're worried about finding ore to mine, get an addon like GatherMate2 and its' data base GatherMate2_Data. It'll show possible node locations an the Blizzard map, and, of course, whenever you "see" an active node you'll see the "golden bee bee" on the map.

Coote 07-08-12 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossbeard (Post 257891)
I'm not asking about faction vs. faction professions I'm just wondering how "available" the ore is. Like I said, there's a nice place on the alliance side to get lots of copper ore which sells pretty good. Just wondering if there is any places like that on the horde side and if so where? :banana:

Horde has arguably one of the best areas for mining Copper. The entire Blood Elf starting area is FULL of it, as is Durotar. I've noticed on my Horde toons the ore seems to be found much easier, and more often then in many of the Alliance zones, but take it with a grain of salt, as it's just one persons experience.

Xandrietta 07-08-12 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 257935)
Horde has arguably one of the best areas for mining Copper. The entire Blood Elf starting area is FULL of it, as is Durotar. I've noticed on my Horde toons the ore seems to be found much easier, and more often then in many of the Alliance zones, but take it with a grain of salt, as it's just one persons experience.

Elwyn is pretty good for ore/herbs...so is Redrige..

I think really its about the same for both sides..

Mossbeard 07-15-12 10:08 PM

Thank you all for your input. It is greatly appreciated :banana:

Macro-Wow 09-09-12 08:35 AM

In my experience raw goods sell for more on Alliance than Horde.

Fightts 09-19-23 11:51 PM

Never gets better then Mining/Eng :banana:

whenshiver 10-12-23 03:44 AM

Elwyn is an excellent mineral miner.