WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Disappearing buttons and HUD issues (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31883)

foreveryours 04-14-10 06:16 PM

Disappearing buttons and HUD issues

I am currently leveling a druid and have duel spec on her. When I switch between forms I find that things I had on my action bar (usually on the 3 key) are gone. Also, when I'm in one spec and I train, then switch specs none of the ranks of my spells have updated in the other spec so I have to manually do it(not that I'm so lazy that's a huge issue, just forgetful so I might not remember to do it).
The HUD issue I'm having is the ruins on my DK randomly disappearing while I'm raiding so I have to reloadui to get them back.

Thanks in advance for your time and thanks for an overall great mod.

spiel2001 04-14-10 06:24 PM

What version of nUI are you running?

As for your druid... you know that when you switch forms you're supposed to get a new action bar, yes? Each form has its own unique set of actions that are available to it... you're supposed to set up the action bar for each form.

foreveryours 04-14-10 06:47 PM

I'm using nUI+ 5.06.12. And yes I do have them set up for each form.

spiel2001 04-14-10 07:23 PM

Okay.. then I'm confused on what it is that you're describing... can you please describe in more detail what it is that's going on?

Xrystal 04-14-10 07:48 PM

Are the spells there but not the upgraded versions as you learn them ?

If so, what about if you are on the spec set up that benefits from the new ones. Do they auto upgrade the buttons on the bars on display then ?

If so, it sounds like it could be a blizzard oversight whereby it only updates your current setups buttons. You would have to test it without nUI loaded up just before you go train up and see if you get a similar problem with the standard blizz bars. I won't be surprised if you do.

foreveryours 04-14-10 08:07 PM

I'll try that next time I go to train, see if it doesn't update on my other spec. And yes the spells are there, just not the new ranks.
As far as the disappearing buttons. When I change to resto spec then go back to balance, the buttons I have on my cat/bear form action bars in spot 3 usually, sometimes spot 8, disappear completely, just leaving the blank box.

Xrystal 04-14-10 08:14 PM

I think I've seen that happen as well but not remembering the scenario at the time .. probably a respec .. went from feral/resto to feral/boomkin and then back to feral/resto .. its possible doing that causes non existent spells to disappear.

As to the spec specific buttons I meant that the buttons for the spells that changes .. were the current specs buttons the ones that updated correctly and the other specs buttons didn't ?

EG.
Resto spec current .. train up and gain Wild Growth upgrade spell for example .. its spell button updated appropriately
Switch to your Boomkin spec which has Wild Growth spell on one of its bars. It hasn't upgraded.

That is the scenario I imagining you are facing .. if so .. thats the result I am expecting in standard blizz buttons too.

spiel2001 04-14-10 08:15 PM

Ah...

Okay...

I had misses that this was switching specs, I was thinking switching forms. /doh

That would *not* have anything to do with nUI itself. nUI does not "remember" what spells are on what bars and where... that's done by Blizzard. One thing you might try after a switch between your two specs is to do a '/nui rl' immediately after the switch... it's possible that the bars are not getting fully updated. Short of that, it's all done server side by Blizz and I have no control over that.

foreveryours 04-14-10 08:24 PM

Okay that's exactly what's happening with the spells. And somehow after playing since 2005 I'm not at all surprised it's a blizzard issue :rolleyes:
Thanks for your time and help guys, I'll fight with it some more see if reloading helps with the bars.

Seer 04-14-10 11:47 PM

Eh ? If you are unlearning all spells that are learned true talents are unlearned and disappear from your action bars since they also disappear from your spell book (of course). I thought this was normal behaviour and even logical ?

If you all do mean switching from spec a to spec b then it shouldn't do that tho.

foreveryours 04-15-10 07:34 AM

It's just switching from spec A to spec B, neither of which is feral and thus doesn't effect any of the disappearing spells because I have no specialized ones.