WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Version (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45347)

Mythandral 12-02-12 08:54 AM

Version

is there a way to tell what version of carbonite I have installed? With all the versions scattered across the board here 5.04, 5.058, 5.1 beta, 5.1.02 beta I forget which I've installed lol.. Is there a .txt file somewhere to tell me which version i currently have installed? if not.. could Rythal plz include a short .txt file to the content, thank you :)

Chmee 12-02-12 09:01 AM

It's in the carbonite.toc file in the carbonite folder. The file is just text and can be read with any text editor.

Mythandral 12-02-12 09:52 AM

tyvm for that. one step further though.. in that file it says "Version: 5.1.0 RC1" but I d/l'd and i thought i installed Version: 5.1.0.2.. even if its a minute change it would be nice to see if I have the correct/current version, especially upon entering the game and it tells me there's a new version when there's not. Hopefully that helps clarify what I meant.

jeffy162 12-02-12 10:21 AM

5.1.0 RC1 is Carbonite 5.1.0.2.

I don't get it either, but this is, apparently, how Carbonites BETA's are now going to be versioned. Hopefully Rythal will put the same version number on the Carbonite information page as he does in the TOC. In my opinion, it's a little less confusing that way. It also might have been less confusing if the current release had said "5.1.0 RC2" in the TOC. At least that way, the numbers all still match (sort of :o).

It's really just a minor thing, and Rythal's got a lot on his plate just trying to get Carbonite re-written for current/future use. He'll work it out. I have confidence.

Rythal 12-02-12 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythandral (Post 270050)
tyvm for that. one step further though.. in that file it says "Version: 5.1.0 RC1" but I d/l'd and i thought i installed Version: 5.1.0.2.. even if its a minute change it would be nice to see if I have the correct/current version, especially upon entering the game and it tells me there's a new version when there's not. Hopefully that helps clarify what I meant.

The beta's won't ever say the right version ingame, only because I don't want people scrambling to figure out why it's saying an update is available when it's only a beta version. But at the same time, hopefully we won't have this issue again with 3 versions on the go.

The way I have been doing the numbering

X.X.X = Release, ready for general download
X.X.X.Y = Beta version of the above for testing
.toc version = Best description of the version, (beta matching above, release candidate etc).

Petrah 12-02-12 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythandral (Post 270047)
is there a way to tell what version of carbonite I have installed?

While you're in game, open up the options window. Up at the top on the left it will state what version you are running. ;)