WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tool tip # of items (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18707)

Voloch 10-18-08 04:18 AM

Tool tip # of items

Hi all

Before latest patch when hovering over an item, my tool tip showed across all characters and their banks, how many of that particular I had.

Now, I had to reinstall all my addons, some have been excluded b/c they haven't been updated and I can't remember/figure out which addon did this.

Any suggestions :confused:

Thanks in advance

Evilmoo 10-18-08 04:41 AM

ARKinventory does have that feature.

Dreadlorde 10-18-08 01:21 PM

There's a couple addons that do what you're asking. Bagnon, Combuctor, and ArkInventory like Evilmoo said all do what you're asking iirc.

Voloch 10-18-08 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde (Post 105223)
There's a couple addons that do what you're asking. Bagnon, Combuctor, and ArkInventory like Evilmoo said all do what you're asking iirc.

I'm running combuctor but that doesn't give me the info. It might have before the patch but it isn't now. Anyone running combuctor now who has the tool tip info?

Bufe 10-18-08 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voloch (Post 105251)
I'm running combuctor but that doesn't give me the info. It might have before the patch but it isn't now. Anyone running combuctor now who has the tool tip info?

I recommend Bagnon...works like a charm, and also show in tooltips how much you have of an item on any char, on that account, or in the bank of any of the chars. Awsome. :)..and updated and working for 3.0.2

Bufe

Sekrin 10-18-08 04:40 PM

Altoholic also provides that info I believe.

Voloch 10-18-08 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufe (Post 105268)
I recommend Bagnon...works like a charm, and also show in tooltips how much you have of an item on any char, on that account, or in the bank of any of the chars. Awsome. :)..and updated and working for 3.0.2

Bufe

I used Bagnon until Tuller removed the side tags. I loved that I could select a tap and only have one type of item showed, like quest, armor, weapon etc.
I have since then not used Bagnon and can't comment on it's features.
But I love combuctor for it's simplicty and features but I "need" those info on items on chars .... what to do ...

Seerah 10-18-08 06:32 PM

Combuctor comes with Bagnon_Forever and Bagnon_Tooltips, does it not?

Voloch 10-18-08 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 105294)
Combuctor comes with Bagnon_Forever and Bagnon_Tooltips, does it not?

Yeah, but when Tuller wrote combuctor, the libs differed from the Bagnon libs. If you updated your Bagnon addon you actually replaced the _forever lib with one that wasn't compatible with combuctor.

Cirk 10-18-08 06:59 PM

Lootvalue combined with Lootcounter will also do this for you.

Voloch 10-18-08 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cirk (Post 105308)
Lootvalue combined with Lootcounter will also do this for you.

You may just have solved two of my "problems" there Cirk, thanks :)

Farook 10-18-08 10:19 PM

My personal favourite:

BankItems

TekNoir 10-18-08 11:58 PM

Bagnon_forever and Bagnon_tooltips as they come with Combuctor are all working just fine for me. I only had to add one small line at the front of the main lua file to make Bagnon_tooltips load with Combuctor. (A line to load Bagnon_forever existed, but one for Bagnon_tooltips did not.)

Credit goes to Xeddicus for posting the original fix in the comments for the addon.

Voloch 10-19-08 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekNoir (Post 105361)
Bagnon_forever and Bagnon_tooltips as they come with Combuctor are all working just fine for me. I only had to add one small line at the front of the main lua file to make Bagnon_tooltips load with Combuctor. (A line to load Bagnon_forever existed, but one for Bagnon_tooltips did not.)

Credit goes to Xeddicus for posting the original fix in the comments for the addon.

That did the trick!

Thanks a bunch Tek, YOU saved my day.:D

Warlocomotif 10-19-08 08:00 AM

If it's alright, I'm going to throw a related question in here.

I'm a long time user of Bagnon, and absolutely love it. With that said though; I recently also started using Altoholic. Both of these addons have the "show how many you have feature", and as such I want to stop Bagnon from doing this (Since Altoholic also tells me how many I have on guild banks).

There's nothing in the bagnon options to make it stop doing this, so I'm probably looking at changing some minor LUA. Unfortunately, I'm not personally familiar with LUA. If someone could point out how to disable this functionality on Bagnon, that would be awesome.

Seerah 10-19-08 05:50 PM

Disable the Bagnon_Tooltips addon.