WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   In some need of help with skada and quartz (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46538)

Rusken 05-24-13 05:45 PM

In some need of help with skada and quartz

Evening, as the title says.
After hours of searching for a solution to my problems without any success i'll just ask here instead.

1. Is there any way to get different colors on the castbars in Quartz?
For example, i want my target's castbar to be red and my own white, i did try to select "change color" in the target's config but that only makes the bar red when i target myself and cast something, when a mob or another players casts something it has the same color as all the others:mad:

2. How do i add an outline to the texts in Quartz?
I found this but that doesn't seem to work anymore since the code has changed.

3. Is there any way to change the position of the text (player names, dps, dmg etc) inside of the skada bars?
I would like it to get it up 1 px.
Carebear wrote this over at MMO but that doesn't seem to work anymore either, i tryed to change it to 0.5, 1, 2, 3, and so on but nothing happens.
And yes, i saved the lua and reloaded my UI:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carebear
Go into the SpecializedLibBars-1.0//SpecializedLibBars-1.0.lua in skada, line 1320 and you can edit the self.timerLabel and self.label points to bump your text up half a pixel. It will make the text centered on skada instead of being slightly lower down!

Change:

Code:

self.timerLabel:SetPoint("RIGHT", self, "RIGHT", -6, 0)
To: (for example)

Code:

self.timerLabel:SetPoint("RIGHT", self, "RIGHT", -6, 0.5)
That slight change should bump the text up just enough to make it look like it's even in the middle of the bar. The value you need depends on the font and the height of your bars.

Thanks in advance<3

pelf 05-25-13 11:27 AM

1. That "Change Color" setting is in the "No interrupt cast bars" section. It's just for that. I don't see a setting to do what you want.

2. In CastBarTemplate.lua there's one SetFont for the spell name text and one for the time text. Your options are "MONOCHROME", "OUTLINE" or "THICKOUTLINE".

3. I think you want to be editing the bits for self.label in the function at line 1306 in SpecializedLibBars-1.0. Maybe.

Tonyleila 05-25-13 01:08 PM

Quartz is old - try Gnosis

pelf 05-25-13 03:50 PM

You know what I always say: if it ain't Baroque, don't fix it.

Rusken 05-25-13 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelf (Post 278659)
3. I think you want to be editing the bits for self.label in the function at line 1306 in SpecializedLibBars-1.0. Maybe.

Bits? You lost me:p

Tonyleila 05-25-13 06:57 PM

I said Gnosis because It has all this options without lua editing :P

pelf 05-25-13 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyleila (Post 278689)
I said Gnosis because It has all this options without lua editing :P

I'm going to agree now. If Gnosis does it without having to tinker with the Lua, just switch to that.