WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   nUI Greatest wow addon since vanilla DIY But... (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44779)

spikefin 10-14-12 03:56 PM

nUI Greatest wow addon since vanilla DIY But...

I know back in vanilla, A change was made to addons preventing in-combat changes to the UI, so I dont know if my issues are because of this change, I don't know what to call these issues so had little success in forum searches.

When I/target get a buff/debuff Hovering over the buff/debuff does not display its tooltip, Ive recently returned to wow after a 7 year break, and really need that info sometimes.

When I get a loot drop, commonly I cant get the tool tip by Hovering the mouse over the image, but moving my mouse around the image (usually lower left of image) Brings up the tooltip, But I have a 5 - 10 pixel horizontal sweet spot and 50 - 100 pixel vertical sweet spot, making it fairly difficult to display the tooltip.

Ive got around the second issue by installing a secondary loot addon that tells me weather the item is an upgrade for my spec. However, Id rather just have nUI if possible.

The Buff/debuff problem, I don't want to install another add on, my nUI buff/debuff display is perfect, any help/advice on this one would be really appreciated.

I figured maybe it was the same "off picture" problem as the loot, but I cant for the life of me find the sweet spot on buffs/debuffs (Bearing in mind this problem only occurs in combat as well, can see buffs/debufs tooltips fine ooc)

I Have read allot about the missing "special" bars on boss's this is a pain, hope you can find the issue and fix it soon, Its actually two different bars blizz uses, that don't display, Im sure you know this, But I love nUI so much, I just die in ultra (Impossible without cast bar) and limp through the odd difficult boss.

And last issue Ive found. I run auctionator, the only feature ive found that nUI dosn't have, and I feel i need, But it has a lua error couple times an hour with nUI running, none when I disable nUI, anyone else run auctionator?

Regardless, Epic addon, and on my next wow monetary rotation, I will add nUI to the bill list. Can't say enougth good things about nUI.

Increased my fps, smooth look, easy to read chat, when it breaks, its repaired overnight, Epic is an understatement, probably wouldn't have had the 7 year break if I had it in vanilla.

Xrystal 10-14-12 04:41 PM

The buff/debuff problem will involve a rewrite to make it work with blizzards changes to make them secure frames. nUI6 should resolve this issue ( hopefully ). The only work around is to install Scotts aura button plugin for nUI to replace the bars on the lower left and right with buttons. These then let you have tooltips. The ones in the hud area though is a bit more complex. These involve editing the layout file for the specific hud display you use and adjust the enabled flag for the aura sections. There are various threads regarding how to do this elsewhere in these forums. The reason why by default they don't display tooltips is to not mess up the people that click their targets and thus need their hud to be click through.

The loot drop problem has been around for a long while. Not sure if it has fixed itself as I didn't have the problem when I ran a couple of Pandaria dungeons yesterday. I might have been just lucky though. But from what I can figure is that it is a layer problem. I'm not sure how easy it is to change that aspect though without messing other things up at the same time.

The special action bars have all been resolved in the nUI addon with the extra action bar currently fixed using the files I have adjusted and posted in the thread in my signature. These changes will ultimately be put into nUI5 the next time Scott does an update but while he is working on nUI6 I will be keeping an eye on keeping nUI5 working in the mean time.

As to auctionator. Can you post up the error message that you get the next time it triggers. I don't use it myself at the moment but I vageuly recall seeing it as a useful auction tool and I believe my warlock will probably need it at some point with her tailoring and inscription sales and my druid with her herb and alchemy sales. Only time will tell. But hopefully in the mean time I will be able to spot what might be causing the problem.

Xrystal 10-15-12 01:34 AM

Just noticed that auctionator is an outdated mod. There is a chance it might be doing something a bit different to the way it should now but still, if it works without nUI and only errors out with nUI post up those errors you are getting.