WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Quick question for install (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21058)

bkray1 03-12-09 11:16 AM

Quick question for install

Hi,

I just made a donation and am awaiting my email, however i thought i'd ask a quick question. I've read the install suggestions to rename the WTF folder and the interface folder and then log in prior to installing nUI. My question is does doing this delete your macros and keybindings?

Also, is there a list somewhere of the mods that confict with nUI? i.e., mods that nUI replaces, thus are no longer required. I currently use x-pearl for unit frames, which i would imagine would conflict with nUI. I'm basically curious to find a list of mods that nUI has replaced.

Thanks Bryan

spiel2001 03-12-09 11:23 AM

Bryan --

I'm at work now, so I'll tend to your e-mail as soon as I get home this evening.

In the meantime, if you have your key bindings and macros saved to the server, as opposed to locally, it will not delete them. However, if they are saved locally then, yes, renaming those folders will cause them to stop working. That said, once you have logged into WoW the first time and log back out to install nUI, you can just go to your WTF.saved directory and copy the key binding and macro save files from there into the same directory in your new WTF folder and you'll be all set.

As for what mods nUI replaces... a ton. It would be hard to list.

My usual advice is to install it by itself, add Omen3, Recount and DBM then log in and play a while. If there are features you want and can't find, ask about them in the support forum and someone will either tell you where to find it or what mod you can install to get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkray1 (Post 119929)
Hi,

I just made a donation and am awaiting my email, however i thought i'd ask a quick question. I've read the install suggestions to rename the WTF folder and the interface folder and then log in prior to installing nUI. My question is does doing this delete your macros and keybindings?

Also, is there a list somewhere of the mods that confict with nUI? i.e., mods that nUI replaces, thus are no longer required. I currently use x-pearl for unit frames, which i would imagine would conflict with nUI. I'm basically curious to find a list of mods that nUI has replaced.

Thanks Bryan

bkray1 03-12-09 11:40 AM

Hi,

Thx for the quick response. No problem, I'm at work as well, working hard can't you tell.

I'll take a look at my folder and see if i can find the Macro files etc that i need to copy.

as for the mods, sounds good. I mainly use carbonite full (and i saw there was an adition to add to get that to work), fishing buddy, which i saw was fine, as well as Auctioneer. The other one is gatherer, which i'm not sure if its defalted into nUI or not.

I'll play around with it a bit at lunch and tonight. Thanks again

spiel2001 03-12-09 11:42 AM

nUI does not include any third party mods in its distribution, so no... Gatherer is not included. However, nUI is compatible with Gatherer, as well, so that would not be a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkray1 (Post 119935)
Hi,

Thx for the quick response. No problem, I'm at work as well, working hard can't you tell.

I'll take a look at my folder and see if i can find the Macro files etc that i need to copy.

as for the mods, sounds good. I mainly use carbonite full (and i saw there was an adition to add to get that to work), fishing buddy, which i saw was fine, as well as Auctioneer. The other one is gatherer, which i'm not sure if its defalted into nUI or not.

I'll play around with it a bit at lunch and tonight. Thanks again

neuralassassin 03-12-09 01:19 PM

Just so you know any of those mods you listed will work fine with nUI. Carbonite does not require the plug-in to work it simple places the map inside nUI's info panel to kind of blend them together. I also noticed you said you use carbonite full and gatherer and wanted to point out that carbonite full actually has all the mining and herbalism nodes in it they just need to be setup up in the options (many people do not know this for some reason). Hope you enjoy the new interface :D

bkray1 03-12-09 06:48 PM

Oh, I didn't know that about carbonite. I just installed NUI now and am playing around with it. About to start with carbonite etc. One question do i need to do something to get all the bags to open at once? or should i install bagnon again. Thanks

spiel2001 03-12-09 06:51 PM

nUI is compatible with pretty much all of the one bag mods, but it does not try to arrange one bag itself... so, yeah, bagnon, ark inventory, etc.

There is an nUI slash command to make it display only one bag, as well.

Petrah 03-12-09 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkray1 (Post 119982)
Oh, I didn't know that about carbonite. I just installed NUI now and am playing around with it. About to start with carbonite etc. One question do i need to do something to get all the bags to open at once? or should i install bagnon again. Thanks

When you're in the game, go to Carbonite options and click on Guide. You'll see where to import the things you need (provided you installed the CarboniteNodes folder). From there it's a matter of showing the nodes on the map. Right click on the Carbonite map and go to Show. Choose what you want from there. ;)

bkray1 03-12-09 07:09 PM

ok, thanks for the help all slowly getting there. I do love the setup so far. Got the bags working now, however when i open them they are huge. I play on a laptop, 17inch screen 1400 x 1050 resolution. I dont have the use UI scale option checked which i had used previously but i lost those settings with the clean install. I wonder if i should set the UI scale first and then install nUI to make the blizzard windows smaller without affecting the nUI layout. not sure if that would work though.

spiel2001 03-12-09 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkray1 (Post 119985)
ok, thanks for the help all slowly getting there. I do love the setup so far. Got the bags working now, however when i open them they are huge. I play on a laptop, 17inch screen 1400 x 1050 resolution. I dont have the use UI scale option checked which i had used previously but i lost those settings with the clean install. I wonder if i should set the UI scale first and then install nUI to make the blizzard windows smaller without affecting the nUI layout. not sure if that would work though.

Two ways you can go...

/nui bagscale {n}

That will set your bag scale to what you want independent of the quest log and other WoW frames. {n} is a number < 1 to make the bags smaller, > 1 to make them bigger... so '/nui bagscale 0.75' would make them 75% of their normal size.

The other option is to use the in-game "Use UI Scale" option. Once you get it set where you want it, close the video settings dialog and then do a '/nui rl' to reload nUI so it can re-execut the layout engine.

bkray1 03-12-09 07:20 PM

Worked Perfectly. Thanks. gonna stop fussing with it for the moment till i can test some more later. Baby just woke up, and doesn't like being ignored. Thanks again for the prompt fast replies. It's a fantastic UI.