WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Configuration won't save. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26973)

Paksonarrion 08-30-09 11:09 PM

Configuration won't save.

I originally notcied this with Healbot, but some mods, such as nUI plus do not save the settings for s a specific character. They work perfectly with Nagathesnake for instance, but can't save settings for Paksönarrion.

I think it might be the special character, as my WTF folder seems to have Paks_narrion in it. Any clues? Using the newest realse version of nUI+ btw.

Xrystal 08-30-09 11:14 PM

Have you got another character that doesn't have a non special character in it that you could test with? If the folder name is different from your character name that could be messing things up.

Paksonarrion 08-30-09 11:22 PM

It works fine for my alt Nagathesnake.

Xrystal 08-30-09 11:32 PM

I meant 2 different characters ? It could be that the symbol is messing things up. I haven't personally noticed settings not being saved as expected but then my settings aren't usually altered from default.

For example: I use healbot on at least 2 characters on a regular basis. Unless I switch specs mid raid I don't usually need to do anything but double check spells so I know which combo does what. Hence their spells are saved correctly so must be working for me.

Paksonarrion 08-31-09 12:03 AM

Ok, Nagathesnake, my mage, records the information, and when I launch her again, everything is kosher.

When I do anything with Paksönarrion, even if I just /nui rl, it goes to default and gives me the updated welcome screen. WoW seems to save my profile as Paks_narrion in my wtf folder. Maybe it is an OS thing, as my system has problems with ascii at times.

Xrystal 08-31-09 12:37 AM

Thats was what I was wondering. If you had more than one character with no special letters in it would help prove if it is a data / game problem somewhere or just the way the operating is storing the letters.

Well just tested on my Windows 7 64bit system with that same name and I had no problems whatsoever. Folder saved the way I expected. What operating system are you using ?

Paksonarrion 08-31-09 01:01 AM

Works with Arusiasotto. Different server.

Doesn't with Redcross, spelled with an accented e. On a separate account.

Currently using Windows XP Dark Edition 7. x86.
Let me see if what it's like on my windows 7 x64 laptop.

A friend who uses a funny i in his name on Windows server '08 also has the issue. Since 3.2 patch it seems.

Xrystal 08-31-09 01:35 AM

Well, it looks like a pattern is forming. Maybe later someone else can test on different systems and see if they get the same problems.

Paksonarrion 08-31-09 02:03 AM

laptops power supply is dead. May try is on room mates vista machine. or put windows 7 on this things storage partition...

Edit: Vista stores the name properly and keeps my settings, thus it must be a problem in the NT series of operating systems.

Another Edit: Fixt. I installed every language known to ma and machine, works now.