WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Floating chat pane in nUI (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33357)

slackcub 06-22-10 10:21 PM

Floating chat pane in nUI

I just downloaded nui 5.06.22+. Now when I log onto my main character, the chat pane is floating instead of being embeded in nUI. The chat pane is embedded with my other characters. I tried /nui rl several times, and that didn't help. Not sure what could be causing this, or which options I should look at to resolve this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

David
Slackenob - Shadow Council

spiel2001 06-22-10 10:26 PM

Make sure you do not have *any* chat modding addons installed of if you do, they have been updated to 3.3.5

What happens if you disable everything except nUI itself? (including all nUI plugins)

slackcub 06-22-10 10:44 PM

I tried disabling all add-ons except for nUI core and plug-ins, then everything except for nUI core. There was no change.

David
Slackenob - Shadow Council

spiel2001 06-22-10 10:55 PM

What version does nUI say it is loading when you log in?

Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?

(click the paperclip icon in the editor window or scroll down the editor page to the "Manage Attachments" button to attach your screen shot to the message)

slackcub 06-22-10 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It says it's loading 5.06.22(plus)

spiel2001 06-22-10 11:16 PM

That looks like the old SimpleChat bug, but I'm not sure.

You have nothing enabled except nUI itself?

What happens if you go to the social options menu in WoW and try changing the chat modes?

Vanhealen 06-22-10 11:21 PM

I get the same thing only mine has an error attached ......

Message: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_ChatFrame.lua:324: Frame ChatFrame3 is not movable or resizable
Time: 06/22/10 22:16:29
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `SetUserPlaced'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_ChatFrame.lua:324: in function `applyScale'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_ChatFrame.lua:499: in function `applyOptions'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_ChatFrame.lua:603: in function `configFrame'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_ChatFrame.lua:126: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_ChatFrame.lua:112>

Locals: (*temporary) = ChatFrame3 {
0 = <userdata>
flashTimer = 0
isInitialized = 1
tellTimer = 419931.529
resizeButton = ChatFrame3ResizeButton {
}
buttonFrame = ChatFrame3ButtonFrame {
}
oldAlpha = 0
channelList = <table> {
}
clickAnywhereButton = ChatFrame3ClickAnywhereButton {
}
isDocked = 1
editBox = ChatFrame3EditBox {
}
isLocked = 1
name = "Private"
buttonSide = "left"
zoneChannelList = <table> {
}
defaultLanguage = "Orcish"
messageTypeList = <table> {
}
}
(*temporary) = true

slackcub 06-22-10 11:24 PM

The only other chat add-on I use is WIM. And all of my add-ons are disabled except for the core nUI. I tried changing from IM to classic, and I still get the error.

Vanhealen 06-22-10 11:26 PM

I tried the same things and get the same result every time as well

I did notice that slackcub has a few custom tabs like myself, when i unlock all the tabs it releases them and i then try /nui rl and it seems to "kinda" work. But once i log out and log back in its messed up just like it was before.

spiel2001 06-22-10 11:47 PM

Yup... I just found and fixed the root causes of the ChatFrame3 error as well as the RealID error... putting out another update now.