Holy Site Rules of WoWInterface
To all board users:
With apologies to Monty Python:
WoW: Yes, I can help you find the WoW UI Mod.
WoW UI Modders: Oh, thank you. Oh...
WoW: To the north there lies a cave -- the cave of WoWInterface -- wherein, carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Olfin Bedwere of Rheged... *boom* ...make plain the last resting place of the WoW UI Mod.
Blizzard Entertainment®: Where could we find this cave, O WoW?
WoW: Follow. But! Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived! Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave WoW UI Modders, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
Blizzard Entertainment®: What an eccentric performance.
*clop clop clop*
Ordinn: They're nervous, sire.
Blizzard Entertainment®: Then we'd best leave them here and carry on on foot. Dis-mount!
WoW: Behold the cave of WoWInterface!
Blizzard Entertainment®: Right! Keep me covered.
Ordinn: What with?
Blizzard Entertainment®: W-- just keep me covered.
WoW: Too late!
Blizzard Entertainment®: What?
WoW: There he is!
Blizzard Entertainment®: Where?
Blizzard Entertainment®: What, behind the Board Troll?
WoW: It *is* the Board Troll.
Blizzard Entertainment®: You silly sod!
Blizzard Entertainment®: You got us all worked up!
WoW: Well, that's no ordinary Board Troll!
Blizzard Entertainment®: Ohh.
WoW: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered troll you ever set eyes on!
GM: You git! I soiled my armour I was so scared!
WoW: Look, that Board Troll's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
Ordinn: Get stuffed!
WoW: He'll do you up a treat, mate.
Ordinn: Oh, yeah?
GM: You mangy Scots git!
WoW: I'm warning you!
GM: What's he do, nibble your bum?
WoW: He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!
Blizzard Entertainment®: Go on, Tyren. Chop his head off!
Tyren: Right! Silly little bleeder. One Board Troll stew comin' right up!
Blizzard Entertainment®: Jesus Christ!
WoW: I warned you!
GM: I done it again!
WoW: I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little Board Troll, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--
Blizzard Entertainment®: Oh, shut up!
WoW: Do they listen to me?
Blizzard Entertainment®: Right!
WoW: Oh, no...
WOW UI Modders: Charge!
*squeak squeak squeak*
WOW UI Modders: Aaaaugh!, Aaaugh!, etc.
Blizzard Entertainment®: Run away! Run away!
WOW UI Modders: Run away! Run away!...
WoW: Ha ha ha ha! Ha haw haw! Ha! Ha ha!
Blizzard Entertainment®: Right. How many did we lose?
Blizzard Entertainment®: And Tyren. That's five.
Ordinn: Three, sir.
Blizzard Entertainment®: Three. Three. And we'd better not risk another frontal assault. That Board Troll's dynamite.
GM: Would it help to confuse it if we run away more?
Blizzard Entertainment®: Oh, shut up and go and change your armour.
Ordinn: Let us taunt it! It may become so cross that it will make a mistake.
Blizzard Entertainment®: Like what?
Ordinn: Well... ooh.
Caydiem: Have we got bows?
Blizzard Entertainment®: No.
Caydiem: We have the Holy Site Rules.
Blizzard Entertainment®: Yes, of course! The Holy Site Rules of WoWInterface! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Remelio carries with him! Brother Remelio! Bring up the Holy Site Rules!
WoW UI Users: *chanting* Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. *whack* Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. *whack* Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. *whack*
Blizzard Entertainment®: How does it, um-- how does it work?
Caydiem: I know not, my liege.
Blizzard Entertainment®: Consult the Book of Armaments!
Brother Remelio: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.
Cairenn: And Saint Attila raised the Site Rules up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy Site Rules that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--
Remelio: Skip a bit, Sister.
Cairenn: And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Slander. Then, shalt thou Post with Respect. No more. No less. Respect shalt be the Tone thou shalt Post, and the Tone of the Posting shall be Respect. Spam shalt thou not Post, nor either Post thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to Respect. Flaming is right out. Once the Tone Respect, being the Respectful Tone, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Site Rules of WoWInterface towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall Ban it.'
WoW UI Modders: Amen.
Blizzard Entertainment®: Right! One!... Two!... Flaming!
Ordinn: Respect, sir!
Blizzard Entertainment®: Respect!
*WoW players sing*
To mod authors specifically re the upload of their mods:
as suggested to me by a dear friend:
The condensed version, for those that aren't Monty Python fans. ;)
1. Post with respect and courtesy. Debate is fine ... so long as when you disagree with someone, you respond in a civilized and constructive manner.
2. No libel. No defamation of character. Don't come here and slam/flame anyone/thing. Don't come here sounding off that Blizz sucks, EQ sucks, mod_author_01 sucks, etc and so on. None of that. You want to post things like that, take it elsewhere, there are enough other boards that cater to that type of thing. This isn't FlameVault. See 1.
3. Don't spam. If you have something to discuss, a question to ask, advice to give, that's fine. The occasional silly post/joke/whatever in Chit Chat forum is fine. (Example - my post directly above this. ;)) But posting random crap for no reason other than to post random crap ... just don't do it.
4. Don't break WoW EULA or ToU. If you come here and post that you are selling your WoW account for real world money, offering or asking for power-levelling, in-game items or gold for real life cash, private servers or any other post that breaks WoW EULA or ToU, your post will be deleted and you will (at minimum) warned not to do it again. Repeated offenses will lead to banning from the site.
5. Re Uploading of mods - no un-announced easter eggs. The only thing your mod should do is exactly what you say it will do, nothing more. If you want to include a "cute little easter egg" in your mod, tell folks it is there in the description of your mod, have it turned off by default and tell folks how to enable it if they want it turned on. Any mods found that have malicious content will be removed and the author warned &/or banned from the site depending on the severity. Any mods found that have un-documented easter eggs will be suspended until the author documents it.
6. Do not upload other people's mods. That is a violation of their copyright. Only the original authors may upload to our site.
7. Related to 6. Do not download from our site to host somewhere else. Again, this is a violation of the mod authors' copyright. You may not redistribute without expression permission from the authors.
8. Please do not post outside links for addons, unless they are located on trusted sites such as Curse, wowace, googlecode, etc. It's so easy to just host it here - if you would like to offer it to someone else, just upload it. Any link like www.thisrandomserver-1211.net/thisnewaddon.zip will be removed.
Not following these rules will (at minimum) get you warned not to do it again. Repeated offenses will lead to banning from the site.
We know a lot of you like to have graphic signatures. We are going to ask that if you wish to have a graphic signature that you make them not exceeding the following dimensions and size limit.
Max Width = 350 pixels
Max Height = 150 pixels
Max File size = 30kb
*Also the use of Huge or Oversized Text
Anything exceeding these limits will be removed without notice.
The reason for this is tall signatures just take up way to much vertical space making it more difficult to read threads. The reason for the width limit is so all posts fit well on a 1024 x 768 screen. The file size limit is for those who have slower connections.
*Please refrain from using "huge" or "large" text, especially in conjunction with larger pictures
Signatures that advertise a product or service can and will result in the owner’s account being permanently banned.
Edit: I have attached an image that shows the max height & width dimensions for sig files, to make it easier for people judge.
(more to be added as necessary)
I really didn't think it was necessary to actually spell the following out, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that there are some that will try to get away with anything ...
Do not, repeat DO NOT, make usernames/post threads that:
- Promote racial/ethnic hatred
- Are recognized as a racial/ethnic slur
- Allude to a symbol of racial/ethnic hatred
- Refer to extreme and/or violent sexual acts
- Refer to extremely violent real life actions
- Are Real-Life Threats
- Insultingly refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players
- Impersonate a WoWInterface or Blizzard Employee
- Are an inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
- Are p0rnographic in nature
- Are Obscene/Vulgar
- Include Inappropriate language
- Are Harassing or Defamatory
- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, WoWInterface or Blizzard employees, or groups of people
- Negatively portray major religions or religious figures
- Promote national hatred
- Are recognized as national slurs
- Allude to symbols of national hatred
- Refer to abusing illegal drugs
- Refer to performing illegal activities
Does the list look familiar? It should. The things that you can't get away with on the Blizz forums, you shouldn't be trying to get away with here, either. We never allowed things like that back on EQInterface, what makes you think we'd allow them here?
Users who make usernames/post threads that fall into any of the above will at the very least be given a warning, have their username changed or their thread deleted (as appropriate), and may face temporary suspension from the board. Extreme cases, or repeated instances can and will lead to a permanent IP Ban from the board.
Wrong on SO many levels, but I liked what you did with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. XD
For those of you that want to see the original text, it starts near the end of Chapter 20 and goes through all of Chapter 21 here: http://www.rit.edu/~smo4215/monty.htm
Okay, that's it... you brought the Monty Python fan in me out again...
I'd better leave before I quote something that gets me banned. Wouldn't be the first time.
hehehehehe, I had fun writing it. And it gets the point across rather nicely I think. Sure, we love having fun and joking around, as evidenced by it, but there are rules, that will be enforced. As long as you (generic) aren't an @$$, we'll all get along just fine. ;)
I think she means she doesn't like it when you try to make an @$$ out of someone else... You can make an @$$ out of yourself anytime... :eek:
<whipes brow> few I'm safe then.
So, is reminding someone to "Read. > Comprehend. > Post." considered too harsh, if they are asking questions or making comments that show they didn't really read the post they are responding to?
This IS the epic thread.
Keovar: I'd have to go with no. If it was, I would have been warned a looong time ago :) Just try to do it in a semi-polite manner
So, I suppose it would be very wise to not post SPAM, SPAM, egg, sausage and SPAM? Or even link SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, keyloggers, trolling pictures and SPAM?
Nor SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM...
*Vikings join in chorus*
Shaddap! Bloody vikings... You can't post egg, sausage and spam without getting banned!
I DON'T -- LIKE -- SPAM!!!
C'mon dear, don't make such a fuss.
...ok I'm sorry about that. I'm a big Python fan, too. I just had to say something about the SPAM bit... >.>
Thank you, Cairenn for making the rules clear to us all :)
And now for something completely different ....
"Negativly portray major religions"
So..uhm..it is Open Season on the minor religions then ?
I'm pretty sure when minors come up with their own religion, it's called a gang.
Thank you lots. That was all I needed.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:28 AM.|
vBulletin © 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd