WoWInterface

WoWInterface (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dev Tools (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   WoW UI control (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16900)

Dreadlorde 06-25-08 05:21 PM

WoW UI control
 
Download here or here.
Code:

Newest Version: 0.1

---StartChangeLog---

--0.1 Changes:
-Initial release

---EndChangeLog---

---StartBugLog---

- Need translations for help and about pages
- Restore checkbox code needs to be re-writen

---EndBugLog---


Eas 06-25-08 06:00 PM

WTB authorization, looks cool.

Cralor 06-25-08 06:20 PM

Ah come on...

You don't trust Dreadlorde? Or the virus scanning the Admins do to each and every uploaded file? ;)

Just messing. But I think Dread is a trust-worthy guy.

Eas 06-25-08 06:23 PM

i do trust them, but it wont let me download until its authorized, or else im a noob and im missing something.

Dreadlorde 06-25-08 07:05 PM

You can compile it your self if you really want to. :rolleyes:

http://www.underworldexodus.com/foru...elpers/Source/

Cairenn 06-25-08 08:32 PM

It hasn't been approved yet. We're still discussing it.

Shirik 06-25-08 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cralor (Post 94394)
You don't trust Dreadlorde? Or the virus scanning the Admins do to each and every uploaded file? ;)

We do a lot more than just a simple virus scan. When it comes to executables, we will often disassemble or decompile the program to ensure it is safe before approving it. As a result, executables can take a significantly larger amount of time to approve.

Though it should be pointed out that the executable has already been decompiled and seems to be OK, we still have a few things to discuss.

Patience :)

dudeinthedark 06-25-08 09:57 PM

Not really too hard to decompile things made with .NET framework :rolleyes:

Now comes the hard part... bug fixes :P

"Squash one bug, you'll see ten new bugs popping"

Kaomie 06-26-08 01:25 AM

Why would this get approved when compilation auto-installers are still not?
Unless this changed recently and we are now allowed to publish EXE again?

You knew I was going to ask :confused:

Dreadlorde 06-26-08 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaomie (Post 94407)
Why would this get approved when compilation auto-installers are still not?
Unless this changed recently and we are now allowed to publish EXE again?

You knew I was going to ask :confused:

Maybe there's different rules for Dev tools? (:confused:) Or it could be it's source is available? Not sure..

dudeinthedark 06-26-08 08:07 AM

Since its made using C# it can easily be decompiled to check for any malicisous content. I want it to be this way so that anyone who wants to can easily check to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. I don't want blind trust or acceptence and I encourage people to thuroughly check the code for anything that could cause a user harm. If anyone comes accross anything that causes them concern I'd be more than happy to address their concerns.

Cralor 06-26-08 08:33 AM

Sorry. I misunderstood what Eas had originally said.

I know that it is not just a simple virus scan. Especially if it is a .exe file.

I had not noticed it was still being authorized.

Kaomie 06-26-08 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde (Post 94422)
Maybe there's different rules for Dev tools? (:confused:) Or it could be it's source is available? Not sure..

Let's wait for the admins answer.

Dolby 06-26-08 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde (Post 94422)
Maybe there's different rules for Dev tools? (:confused:) Or it could be it's source is available? Not sure..

Different rules for programs, yes. Once we find that the exe is safe we discuss if the program is good for the community, does it break the EULA and many other things.

So the initial upload approval always takes awhile.

dudeinthedark 06-26-08 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 94439)
Different rules for programs, yes. Once we find that the exe is safe we discuss if the program is good for the community, does it break the EULA and many other things.

So the initial upload approval always takes awhile.

No rush :) this is just an open beta

Also, if anyone has suggestions on what I could do to make it better I'm all ears :)

Bomyne 06-26-08 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeinthedark (Post 94441)
No rush :) this is just an open beta

Also, if anyone has suggestions on what I could do to make it better I'm all ears :)

I just gave the program a try and it became non-responsive.

Kaomie 06-26-08 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 94439)
Once we find that the exe is safe we discuss if the program is good for the community, does it break the EULA and many other things.

As far as I (thought I) knew EXEs were not currently allowed at all on WoWInt. This was decided after 2 files got corrupted and infected on your files server couple of months ago. Now if this changed I must have missed the announce :(

Flarin 06-26-08 11:33 AM

For what it may be worth, my only fear would be someone compiling in a virus/keylogger, naming the program the same and offering it on another MOD site that did not have as robust checking/validation as the fine folks here at Wow Interface.

Myself I know and trust anything that comes from WoWInterface. But people get mods from all sorts of places. Now, that is not WoW Interface's problem per se, it is a problem with ANY .exe program you download off of the net.

It is unfortunate that these are the times we live in. There is NO DOUBT the file Dreadlorde uploaded is safe. There is unfortunately also NO DOUBT that malicious people will attempt to use this sourecode to infiltrate user's. Sad, but true.

dudeinthedark 06-26-08 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomyne (Post 94442)
I just gave the program a try and it became non-responsive.

1. Do you have the Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 installed. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)
2. Did you try running it directly from the internet? (download it first THEN run it)
3. If not:
- What Operating system? (XP, 2000, Vista?)
- Did it load before crashing?
- Any error messages?
- Did you give it appropriate permissions? (It might crash if it detects it doesnt have the ability to move files)

dudeinthedark 06-26-08 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flarin (Post 94444)
For what it may be worth, my only fear would be someone compiling in a virus/keylogger, naming the program the same and offering it on another MOD site that did not have as robust checking/validation as the fine folks here at Wow Interface.

Myself I know and trust anything that comes from WoWInterface. But people get mods from all sorts of places. Now, that is not WoW Interface's problem per se, it is a problem with ANY .exe program you download off of the net.

It is unfortunate that these are the times we live in. There is NO DOUBT the file Dreadlorde uploaded is safe. There is unfortunately also NO DOUBT that malicious people will attempt to use this sourecode to infiltrate user's. Sad, but true.

I keep an eye out for these things. If I see it (or someone reports it) I'll contact the owner of that site about it and make sure as best I can that no one downloads it. If nessesary I will take legal action. If it's on my website or here it's pretty much garunteed to be safe. I have programs running on my server verifying importent files on an hourly basis. If it finds a problem it kills the server immediatly and notifies any and all of my computers about it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:33 AM.

vBulletin © 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
©2012 ZAM Network LLC