WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MazzleUI Dependancy missing (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18418)

Braavosi 10-05-08 05:26 PM

MazzleUI Dependancy missing

So I transferred all of the addons in the addons folder in the Extracted MazzleUI Folder, and put it in the respective folder in the Interface folder. I log on, and the Mazzlefizz's Mazzifier, MazzleOptions, MazzleUI, and MazzleUI Arabian Skin all have the dependancy missing of MazzleUI, which has Ace2, Babble2.2, LibBanzai-2.0, MetroGnome, DiscordUnitFrames, and RosterLib missing. Any help?

Seerah 10-05-08 05:28 PM

1. moving to MazzleUI forum
2. did you download and install the addon pack as well?

blackfirefox 10-12-08 07:00 AM

Addon Pack - FOR GAWD SAKE ADD IT!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 103534)
1. moving to MazzleUI forum
2. did you download and install the addon pack as well?

MY GAWD.....how many times do you see this issue? How hard can it be to make the add-on pack a part of the download? I see that you hardcore mazzle users will just piss and moan and say read the instructions, but just put the darn add-on pack with the original download and keep new or old users coming back a simple 1 time download to stop the frustration.

Seems simple to me, but I'm polish too. (No offense intended) :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

blackfirefox 10-12-08 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackfirefox (Post 104067)
MY GAWD.....how many times do you see this issue? How hard can it be to make the add-on pack a part of the download? I see that you hardcore mazzle users will just piss and moan and say read the instructions, but just put the darn add-on pack with the original download and keep new or old users coming back a simple 1 time download to stop the frustration.

Seems simple to me, but I'm polish too. (No offense intended) :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Another thought would be to get rid of ALL the OLD CRAP and post a entirely new mazzle download page with all correct information in a much more simplistic format......just an idea for you mazzle users.

Petrah 10-12-08 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackfirefox (Post 104067)

lol Actually, it would be even easier to edit that huge wall of text on the Mazzle page and simply put the few step instructions there along with a link to the addon pack. Wouldn't hurt to add the F.A.Q there, too. Would cut down on these Mazzle help threads, that people are slowly ignoring more and more, by a huge amount.

edit: I read your second post, honest! Was just reiterating...... ;)

blackfirefox 10-12-08 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 104071)
lol Actually, it would be even easier to edit that huge wall of text on the Mazzle page and simply put the few step instructions there along with a link to the addon pack. Wouldn't hurt to add the F.A.Q there, too. Would cut down on these Mazzle help threads, that people are slowly ignoring more and more, by a huge amount.

edit: I read your second post, honest! Was just reiterating...... ;)

I simply just don't understand why the modders do not pool together and make it one simple down load and one simple faq sheet........I am doing it...I am not smart enough.....SMRT! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Petrah 10-12-08 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackfirefox (Post 104073)
I simply just don't understand why the modders do not pool together and make it one simple down load and one simple faq sheet........I am doing it...I am not smart enough.....SMRT! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

There's a reason why (I'm sure it's a good reason), and I'm sure here in a bit people will start to respond telling you to go read the old thread. However, no one ever links to "that thread" and I've never been able to find it using the search feature. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to link it this time. :eek:

Yhor 10-12-08 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackfirefox (Post 104073)

I "believe" the reason there are two separate downloads is because the "Core" IS Mazzleui, the add on pack is other authors work untouched by Mazzle (but still needed to make Mazzleui function). It's likely due to Mazzle being so particular to who he lets modify his work for release.

blackfirefox 10-13-08 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yhor (Post 104110)
I "believe" the reason there are two separate downloads is because the "Core" IS Mazzleui, the add on pack is other authors work untouched by Mazzle (but still needed to make Mazzleui function). It's likely due to Mazzle being so particular to who he lets modify his work for release.

Well that's great answer but it still does not explain why they could start a new page for an updated Mazzle Page......the main page is to polluted with information a non modder does not need...clean it up, make it simple.

Put 2 links on the page one for MazzleUI and one for the Add-On Pack....it is so simplistic to do yet all the hard core mazzle users say read, well I say I am not putting 30 minutes of reading to figure out how to install it, actually I know how to install it, but someone who has never used it always gets snagged up in it. There should be some change for Mazzle a Project Manager of sorts to clean up all the old garbage and make it cleaner and easier to understand.

Just my two cents for what it's worth.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wardog72 10-13-08 12:53 PM

I've been using MazzleUI for a very long time but finally switched to Onslaught UI (tried NUI but it took up too much screen realestate). There's been extremely limited updates of any fixes for Mazzle in a VERY long time (even simple do-it-yourself stuff) and as for the big stuff getting fixed, don't see it really happening. Mazzle doesn't even play WoW and there's been no entity to take over the project (that anyone knows of of course), if even permission was granted to take it over. I'll keep an eye on MazzleUI but I'm pretty much moving on...:(