Yet another fishing support add-on. It's a combination of TackleBox,
Impp's Fishing Info and a fishing outfit manager all rolled into one. I
wrote it both to provide some functionality that was missing from all
of the other fishing add-ons I was using and to learn to do add-ons.
- 'Fish Watcher' lets you see the fish you've caught here before (or
the fish that you've caught in the current session)
- Display your current skill level and the time since you started fishing
- Choose your fishing outfit and change into it easily
- Simplified casting support (right click to cast, fast recast)
- Support for automatically adding a lure to your fishing pole
- Full Titan Panel support
- myAddOns support
- Preliminary support for tracking 'cycle fish' such as the Nightfin
Snapper so you know when to go looking for them
/fishingbuddy or /fb
toggle the display of the Fishing Buddy window
print the list of Fishing Buddy commands
wear your chosen fishing outfit, or change back
There are two actual add-ons -- the second one, OutfitDisplayFrame,
handles the pretty pane to set up your fishing outfit (it's next on
the list to be made into something more general that anyone can use).
The OutfitDisplayFrame addon can be safely left out if you have a
preferred equipment manager.
alt-clicking on an item in your outfit display will clear it
In addition to displaying the fishing bonus for your fishing outfit,
it also displays your 'style points' as inferred from Draznar's
Fishing FAQ (http://wow.toshimo.com/viewtopic.php?t=272).
Thanks to the authors of:
TackleBox -- still adding cool features to keep up with!
Impp's Fishing DB
and many, many others!
Feel free to send comments to Sutorix on the Windrunner server.
1. Unzip the 'FishingBuddyVERSION.zip' file
2. If your unzip program allows you to specify a location, then
unzip it into the "Interface/AddOns" folder contained in your
WoW folder (the location that WoW was installed)
3. If your unzip program doesn't let you specify the destination,
then find your WoW folder (where it was installed) and drag
the 'FishingBuddy' and 'OutfitDisplayFrame' folder into the
This release fixes a problem with changing back into outfits with two identical weapons dual-wielded.
- is FB's setting a per-toon setting basis, not a per-server/user setting? Cause it seems like all the setting I have to change it on every characters that I have on the same server. I'm not sure, I actually like setting share acrossed... just like Atlas's minimap location setting across all my toons.
- do you plan to change the default minimap icon location? It's currently overlapping the meeting stone.
- there seems to be a compatibility issue with chatscoll mod. I always get this message:
Interface\AddOns\ChatScroll\ChatScroll.lua:210:attempt to concatenate field `?' (a nil value)
FB Settings, minimap location, icon, chatscroll
@woofiest - the settings are all per-toon-per-realm, and the fish data is stored globally.
I have changed the default for the minimap icon to the lower right -- I've thought about having it saved across toons, but my Warlock has different things around the minimap, for example.
I will go get a copy of ChatScroll and see what I can find out.
Fishing Buddy Version 0.8.4b
- Fixed some small glitches when creating a new toon
I HAVE JUST RECENTLY WELL TODAY INSTALLED "Fishing Buddy AND IT IS FANTASTIC I HAVE FOUND A SLIGHT GLITCH.. I WAS FISHING IN UNDERCITY AND CAUGHT "OLD SKULL" EVERY TIME I PASTE THIS ITEM TO SOMEONE VIA THE FISHING BUDDY FISH LIST IT KICKS ME OFF THE GAME I HAVE TO RELOG INTO IT :( ANY CHANCE IN THIS BEING SORTED ANY TIME SOON IT IS A VERY GOOD ADDON I MUST SAY THOUGH.. ILL JUST HAVE TO REFRAIN FROM PASTING THE SKULL FOR NOW.. THANKS FOR THE NICE MOD
Fishing Buddy 0.8.6b
- Update for patch 1.10 (11000)
- Partial Spanish translation, thanks to fili
- Some fixes that now don't make much difference because of 1.10
- Fixes for handling Eternium enchant correctly
- Fix bug in 'Suit up and go fishing' handler
- Rework easy cast to work with 1.10 -- no dice yet though :-(
- Add "Suit up and go fishing" binding for an alternate 1.10 when "Easy Cast" no longer works
- Outfitter support
- Translation handling completely rewritten to eliminate missing strings
- Fix for Eternium Line enchant (the tooltip string changed)
the parameter 'id' should be 'item' (the formatted string "id:0:0:0")
Without this, the icon legends in the graph have malformed infolinks.
I have had to remove the new version of Fishing Buddy086f from my mods because during the Sunday Fishing Extravaganza the following error message pops up on the screen and clicking OK does not remove it.
"...nterface\AddOns\FishingBuddy\FishingExtravaganza.lua:340: bad argument #5 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)"
Right Click Cast
I am so glad to have this feature back - only I have to use it with a modifier now, as when I right click to loot, it ignores the loot and casts again. Am I doing something wrong? interference from another addon? Anyone else with this issue?
Fast Cast after patch 1.10.1
Problem with time
When I started using FB it showed the time that I had been fishing.
But after installing the latest FB it has stopped working.
I would relly like to get it back - am I doing something wrong?
new error with patch 1.11
...Interface\AddOns\FishingBuddy\FishingLocationsFrame.lua:259: attempt to index local `textfield' (a nil value)
basically it makes all your fishing catches unable to be seen from the locations tab, but when you are in an area where you have fished, the HUD that comes up with the breakdown for that area still displays correctly.
I'd sure love to see a version of this that works with the current UI rules and/or doesn't collide with my other mods (CTmod and Outfitter seem like the likeliest if the problem is a collision).
As of last night when I saw and tried the latest version, QuickCast doesn't work, the fishing outfit switch (triggered by FB or by Outfitter) makes a noise but doesn't switch to my fishing pole, the auto-auto-loot doesn't work, in fact the only thing that seems to be working is the text on the LHS of the screen reporting my current skill - but even that doesn't update as I skill up during a fishing session.
Great Addon, thx 4 this.
But they dont work with auto-lure of FB :(
Could u fix this?
When i set the options to use action to cast and auto lure an autoloot i can no longer right click the lure to active the "catch". I have to compleely log out to get my right click back as reet binding to default doesnt fix it. Iremoved FB and going to try a fresh install after deleteing everything from the data.
Any plans on updating this to work with the latest patch perchance?
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 AM.|
vBulletin © 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd