WoWInterface

WoWInterface (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Macro Help (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Advanced Hunter aspects help. (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42121)

Tijaiha 12-14-11 04:42 PM

Advanced Hunter aspects help.
 
Currently I am using a mouse button with the mount portion of this macro, but I would like to add more functionality to that button while in combat.

While in combat, ideally, it should cast Aspect of the Fox with no modifier, then switch back to Aspect of the Hawk. With a modifier held it should switch to Aspect of the Cheetah, then back to Aspect of the Hawk.

As it is written now, it works great unless I use the mod to switch to pack first, then it cycles through fox before returning to hawk. Using a different modifier for each would easily solve all problems, though alt is the only modifier I can reach with an inactive finger while mobile (curled beneath my palm), so multiple modifiers isn't an option.

Code:

/cast [nocombat,flyable] Red Riding Nether Ray; [nocombat] Tan War Talbuk
/dismount [mounted]
/stopmacro [nocombat][mounted]
/castsequence [mod:alt] !Aspect of the Cheetah; !Aspect of the Fox, !Aspect of the Hawk

Any help or suggestions would be great. I'm also not against the idea of using an addon to help achieve this if required. Thanks in advance!

Talyrius 12-14-11 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tijaiha (Post 249502)
Using a different modifier for each would easily solve all problems, though alt is the only modifier I can reach with an inactive finger while mobile (curled beneath my palm), so multiple modifiers isn't an option.

You can't use your pinky (little finger) to hit Shift and Ctrl?

Phanx 12-14-11 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tijaiha (Post 249502)
While in combat, ideally, it should cast Aspect of the Fox with no modifier, then switch back to Aspect of the Hawk. With a modifier held it should switch to Aspect of the Cheetah, then back to Aspect of the Hawk.

Macros (or addons) cannot detect which aspect (or any other buff) is currently active and change their spellcasting behavior accordingly. The only thing an addon could do is give you additional space for macro commands, but based on your description, this is about the best you're going to get (and already fits in the Blizzard-allotted macro space):

Code:

/cast [nocombat,flyable] Red Riding Nether Ray; [nocombat] Tan War Talbuk
/dismount [mounted]
/stopmacro [nocombat][mounted]
/castsequence [mod] !Aspect of the Cheetah, !Aspect of the Hawk
/castsequence [nomod] !Aspect of the Fox, !Aspect of the Hawk


Tijaiha 12-15-11 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM (Post 249510)
You can't use your pinky (little finger) to hit Shift and Ctrl?

Not reliably, no. When using my ring finger (strafing left) on that hand to strafe or turn, I basically lose all control of my pinky if I try to reach that low on the keyboard with it. When I'm not in "mobile mode" this isn't a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 249534)
Macros (or addons) cannot detect which ...

Thank you, I'll give yours a try in combat and see which works better for me. I just wasn't sure if there was something I was missing, a trick, or an addon to get it to work as I had hoped (castsequence ([mod]x OR y) THEN z. but if casting x, y will always come before z).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:07 AM.

vBulletin © 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
©2012 ZAM Network LLC