Today i did a focus hex macro for my shaman and this is what hapened.
I did the macro as i've learned and everything's goin good so far.
But then i ran into to the problem, u can't even focus target on nUI!
It says that an error occured when u try to focus a target, plz fix this or tell me what to do.!
This is what happens:
Date: 2012-04-15 10:20:14
Error occured in: AddOn: nUI
Message: Error: AddOn nUI attempted to call a forbidden function (FocusUnit()) from a tainted execution path.
Swatter, v5.13.5258 (BoldBandicoot)
BeanCounter, v5.13.5258 (BoldBandicoot)
Enchantrix, v5.13.5258 (BoldBandicoot)
EnchantrixBarker, v5.13.5258 (BoldBandicoot)
Informant, v5.13.5258 (BoldBandicoot)
nUI, v5.07.24 (Plus)
SlideBar, v5.13.5258 (BoldBandicoot)
Stubby, v5.13.5258 (BoldBandicoot)
TidyPlates, v6.6.Beta2 (R444)
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v220.127.116.11300 <eu>
First to note, this is an addon error, not a macro one. Understanding that, we need to find out what addon is really causing taint. The error may say it's nUI, but it has been known to blame random addons when the taint is self-generated inside the default UI.
In order to test this, the error needs to reliably be thrown, meaning every time you do a specific set of steps, the error is guaranteed to fire.
If you can get the error to fire consistently, you need to first disable nUI and see if Blizzard was right in blaming it. If it pops up again, you'll need to go through your addons, enabling and disabling groups of them to single out which one is causing the trouble.
Another note, There are at least a couple addons that have modules and dependencies loaded that will refuse to load without them. An example of this is Altoholic that runs off of DataStore and its modules. Be sure to treat these occurrences as a single addon.
Did you try to focus using the click menu on the unit frames ? If so that is a standard problem with addons that customise the unit frames. You need to use the /focus /clearfocus slash commands instead.
Basically, if you use any custom unit frame addon or any addon which uses dropdown menus, there's a 99.99% chance you will simply never be able to set your focus from a unit frame right-click dropdown menu.
Your options are as follows:
1. Bind a key to the "Focus Target" function in the Blizzard Key Bindings UI. Then, target the unit you want to set as your focus, and press that key.
2. Make a macro that just says "/focus" and drop it on an action button, and then click on the action button or press the key bound to the action button.
3. Type "/focus" by hand every time you want to change your focus target. You generally do not need to use the "/clearfocus" command, as using "/focus" when you do not have a target will clear your focus unit.
4. Write a macro that automatically focuses the unit you cast Hex on. For example, the following macro will first set your focus unit to your current target if you (a) do not already have a hostile focus unit or (b) are pressing the shift key, and then cast Hex on your focus unit.
This works for blizz-code but not other unitframes.
I did, however, think of another option that wasn't in my last post:
5. Use click-casting to assign a click combination on unit frames for setting your focus, eg. Ctrl + Right-Click on a unit frame to set that unit as your focus. The easiest way to implement this would be to use the addon Clique.
I'm not trying to argue just better understand the problem, any details would be great.
Personally, I don't know all the details, as I've never written or maintained any addons that involve showing a drop-down unit menu, but there is a thread over on WowAce somewhere with all the details, and a way to work around it in some cases... though it was pretty old, so I'm not sure the workaround still works, and since none of the major unit frame addons implemented it, there was probably something wrong with it anyway. :p
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:52 AM.|
vBulletin © 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2017 MMOUI