WoWInterface

WoWInterface (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Transmog-beautification (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44771)

TheGeek 10-14-12 02:10 AM

Transmog-beautification
 
It's late, I'm bored -- dailies are done, JP/VP capped, nothing to do.



Left is my tanking (Turalyon's) transmog set and right is my healing (Judgement) transmog set.

Steeveholt 10-14-12 11:48 AM

The only transmog I have now on my paladin is the PvP Holy chest transmog'd to look like the Ret version (the robes) because I hate pants and I don't have any tabard that looks good with it. I need to get Tier 2 though, it looks amazing.

TheGeek 10-14-12 11:49 AM

Tier 2 is my favorite for my holy set.

It took me about 3 months to farm the dang thing--lonng time.

My protection set is complete except I need the belt from TOC10; still farming that. It's easy now, two of my DPS buddies and I solo TOC10 to the end.

karmamuscle 10-14-12 12:05 PM

Nice, I use the T6 shoulders with T2. Except the head.What shield is that on your healing set?

TheGeek 10-14-12 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckramme (Post 266711)
Nice, I use the T6 shoulders with T2. Except the head.What shield is that on your healing set?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=43085

Kendian 10-15-12 10:21 AM

I'm addicted to transmog, it's actually what brought me back to the game, and all that I DID in game, til panda-land launched. I like that you went with crest of lordaeron instead of the bulwark of azzinoth. That thing (bulwark) is like a pestilence on my server (azuremyst) I see it everywhere. If I could figure out how to show you my mogs like that I would, I drive my guild crazy talking about it, lol~

TL;DR
Style counts, baby~ :cool:

TheGeek 10-15-12 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendian (Post 266791)
I'm addicted to transmog, it's actually what brought me back to the game, and all that I DID in game, til panda-land launched. I like that you went with crest of lordaeron instead of the bulwark of azzinoth. That thing (bulwark) is like a pestilence on my server (azuremyst) I see it everywhere. If I could figure out how to show you my mogs like that I would, I drive my guild crazy talking about it, lol~

TL;DR
Style counts, baby~ :cool:

LOL; yeah that Bulwark is ugly.

I use WOW Model Viewer for the images; lets me extract them for Photoshop or loading into 3DS Max (been playing around with some modeling here and there.)

Digital_Utopia 10-15-12 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGeek (Post 266795)
LOL; yeah that Bulwark is ugly.

I use WOW Model Viewer for the images; lets me extract them for Photoshop or loading into 3DS Max (been playing around with some modeling here and there.)

Yeah, I've played with that a bit myself - I wish WMV was a little better with exporting to FBX, so that I could get all the pieces, with the rigging. But, with a little bit of work, I managed to get it close enough



Since that render, my Rogue traded in the Bombadier's Blades for Heartrazor - with the exception of an all too brief period of time, where he was "stuck" with the unmoggable Fangs. Also - there was a brief period of time where he traded in his Opportunist's set for T1 - complete with the two daggers that drop in MC. I refuse to wear T2 or T5 - as those are just plain overdone - besides, I like the low-key/realistic look of Opportunist's too much. :p

TheGeek 10-15-12 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia (Post 266820)
Yeah, I've played with that a bit myself - I wish WMV was a little better with exporting to FBX, so that I could get all the pieces, with the rigging. But, with a little bit of work, I managed to get it close enough



Since that render, my Rogue traded in the Bombadier's Blades for Heartrazor - with the exception of an all too brief period of time, where he was "stuck" with the unmoggable Fangs. Also - there was a brief period of time where he traded in his Opportunist's set for T1 - complete with the two daggers that drop in MC. I refuse to wear T2 or T5 - as those are just plain overdone - besides, I like the low-key/realistic look of Opportunist's too much. :p

That looks amazing!

Checkout Topaz Labs, they have some really great filters that help clean up the textures--I use them from time to time when I want a more cartoon look.

I like the shot; I wanted to do something similar when I had multiple toons; now I only have my one Paladin.

As for rigging--it would be awesome if we could, but like you said after a little work it's not difficult.

I am working on a little video; nothing big, just a little Public Service Announcement--it's been about a year long project, might be done with it this year.

Digital_Utopia 10-15-12 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGeek (Post 266828)
That looks amazing!

Checkout Topaz Labs, they have some really great filters that help clean up the textures--I use them from time to time when I want a more cartoon look.

I like the shot; I wanted to do something similar when I had multiple toons; now I only have my one Paladin.

As for rigging--it would be awesome if we could, but like you said after a little work it's not difficult.

I am working on a little video; nothing big, just a little Public Service Announcement--it's been about a year long project, might be done with it this year.

Thanks! :D

Believe it or not - the textures came out pretty well, although I did have to adjust the normals on the lower half of my priest's robe. Most of the trouble came down to attaching (and scaling) the shoulders, helms, and weapons - as the existing FBX exporter doesn't export those "separate" pieces.

Eventually I'd like to take some time to read up more on the m2 and wmo formats - and try my hand at making a viewer. I know there's quite a few different versions - including an m2 import script for 3ds max, but nothing seemless or accurate enough to really work with.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 PM.

vBulletin © 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
©2012 ZAM Network LLC