WoWInterface

WoWInterface (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Bug Reports - Live Release Version (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Quest watch doesn't sync with blizz watch (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44920)

Mitzrael79 10-24-12 06:58 AM

Quest watch doesn't sync with blizz watch
 
Since 5.054, Carbonite watching quests don't affect blizzard watching quest system, even if the option is enabled

Rythal 10-24-12 07:55 AM

It was removed as unneeded, is there an actual need for it to sync now?

Mitzrael79 10-24-12 01:30 PM

Personally I loved that feature, for example 'cause blizz watching system could help in case of carbonite failure.

Anyway, thx for asking my feedback on that :)

Kythlyn 10-24-12 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitzrael79 (Post 267602)
Personally I loved that feature, for example 'cause blizz watching system could help in case of carbonite failure.

Anyway, thx for asking my feedback on that :)

I liked it too. The Blizzard minimap provided Blizzard's info, and the Carbonite minimap provided Carb's blobs. They complimented each other pretty well.

thetravellor 10-25-12 03:44 PM

Hmm, well I used Carbonite in dread wastes last night and it was tracking quests perfectly, i logged back in this morning now says nearly all my quests are not in the database.

So something is up with the Quest tracking part of the addon

Screenshot is taken while toon is standing in klaxxi vess.

The quest tracking feature is kind of core to Carbonite - so if thats not working, its kind of a deal breaker.


thetravellor 10-25-12 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetravellor (Post 267722)
Hmm, well I used Carbonite in dread wastes last night and it was tracking quests perfectly, i logged back in this morning now says nearly all my quests are not in the database.

So something is up with the Quest tracking part of the addon

Screenshot is taken while toon is standing in klaxxi vess.

The quest tracking feature is kind of core to Carbonite - so if thats not working, its kind of a deal breaker.


And an update: I reset Carbonite to default and this problem went away. Obviously there is an option that upsets the quest watch list big time.

denlee0710 10-25-12 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 267568)
It was removed as unneeded, is there an actual need for it to sync now?


Please add it back. I love that feature. Blizzard's watch can show arrows on edge of minimap and highlight quest area for those of us who doesn't combine carbonite and blizzard maps.

Carbonite quest target is only a blob most of the time.

Athilus 10-25-12 06:10 PM

It's absense was the very first thing I noticed when I logged on today. I got on to do my dailies and realized that none of my quests are being tracked. I'm getting a message that they're not in the database (all are in Dread Wastes and from Shrine of Two Moons). I floundered around lost for a short while, then just gave up and logged onto a low lvl alt.

katta 11-01-12 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athilus (Post 267738)
It's absense was the very first thing I noticed when I logged on today. I got on to do my dailies and realized that none of my quests are being tracked. I'm getting a message that they're not in the database (all are in Dread Wastes and from Shrine of Two Moons). I floundered around lost for a short while, then just gave up and logged onto a low lvl alt.

it seems, that carbonite has only those quests in your area in the database. go to the area you want to quest in and relogg - the you will see them.
but it would be nice, if it would be fixed soon.

Tigermafia 11-01-12 02:21 PM

Any work that deals with quests will be done as soon™ as Rythal gets done with the map work. That in it self is a HUGE undertaking and am patiently waiting to see the results of that before we start asking him about the questing function. (If i knew how to convert the quests into bytecode; I would begin working on the starting areas since he might wanna do a complete overhaul.)

Becvar 12-03-12 03:14 AM

Blizz tracking sync would also be useful to get Carbonite to stop tracking Battle Pet quests when you're not even on the same continent, or in the case of a new alt, since they're account-wide quests, when the log is otherwise empty.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 PM.

vBulletin © 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
©2012 ZAM Network LLC