WoWInterface

WoWInterface (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   MPQEditor - the order to open the patch files (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45770)

arith 02-03-13 11:52 AM

MPQEditor - the order to open the patch files
 
I want to extract the DBFilesClient folder, I try below order in merge mode, seems not working well
/merged misc.MPQ enUS\locale-enUS.MPQ /patch wow-update-base-16016.MPQ wow-update-base-16048.MPQ wow-update-base-16057.MPQ wow-update-base-16309.MPQ wow-update-base-16357.MPQ wow-update-base-16486.MPQ wow-update-base-16503.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16016.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16048.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16057.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16309.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16357.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16486.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16503.MPQ

And the try only the patch mode:
/base enUS\locale-enUS.MPQ /patch wow-update-base-16016.MPQ wow-update-base-16048.MPQ wow-update-base-16057.MPQ wow-update-base-16309.MPQ wow-update-base-16357.MPQ wow-update-base-16486.MPQ wow-update-base-16503.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16016.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16048.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16057.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16309.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16357.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16486.MPQ enUS\wow-update-enUS-16503.MPQ

The open didn't show any error, but the extracting keep saying my order is wrong.

Any idea?

semlar 02-03-13 01:11 PM

The file WoW.mfil in the root directory contains a url made by taking one of the "location" variables and appending the "manifest_partial" to the end of it. If you open that url you actually get a list of the files in the order they're loaded in.

That being said, in my experience every patch is applied in numerical order.

edit: I don't think ladik's mpq editor is actually extracting the patched files even when you open them correctly.

I don't know what other options are available, but if you can figure out how to use stormlib it does work.

SDPhantom 02-04-13 06:18 PM

I keep getting 403 forbidden on the directory and 404 not found on the manifest_partial script.

semlar 02-04-13 06:49 PM

Here is an example WoW.mfil with the important bits in red:
Code:

version=2
server=akamai
        location=http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod-retail/NA/15890.direct/
server=limelight
        location=http://llnw.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/NA/15890.direct/
manifest_partial=wow-16357-AE4379D2E6B819E4CC486D91FA298AC8.mfil

This would construct the url http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.n...1FA298AC8.mfil.

Phanx 02-04-13 10:32 PM

If you're trying to exctract the UI code and/or artwork, it's much easier to use the client's built-in export function.

Kagaro 03-02-13 10:39 AM

the ptr mpq files are not extracting correctly. ive got stromlib tool i use form my mac it opens live correctly however for the ptr it bombs out verifying the files. so they may have changed something with a recent patch as it was working 2 weeks ago.

semlar 03-02-13 02:20 PM

Don't load patch 16634.

arith 05-06-13 09:01 AM

The problem come again. I was able to extract in patch mode with patches up to 16790; but now it's 16853 and then 16911, I am not able to extract mpq with the latest patches.
Any idea?

Vlad 05-06-13 09:17 AM

I find it to depend on many things, mostly what base you use.

For extracting the DBC I use this at the moment:
Code:

MPQEditor.exe /merged "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\misc.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\locale-enGB.MPQ" /patch "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\wow-update-base-16016.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\wow-update-enGB-16016.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\wow-update-enGB-16048.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\wow-update-base-16048.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\wow-update-base-16057.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\wow-update-enGB-16057.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\wow-update-enGB-16309.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\wow-update-base-16309.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\wow-update-enGB-16357.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\wow-update-base-16357.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\wow-update-base-16516.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\wow-update-enGB-16516.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\wow-update-base-16650.MPQ" "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\wow-update-enGB-16650.MPQ"
Using version 3.5.0.740 - some builds ago there was an issue with the patcher function, it got fixed later on. Check that you don't use an older version than mine. :)

arith 05-06-13 10:03 PM

My main purpose is to extract the DBFilesClient folder.
So I use patch mode, put the locale-enUS.MPQ as the main one, and rest of the patch files (wow-update-enUS-xxxxx.MPQ) in the patch field (GUI interface).
This works till patch-16790. But if I added patch-16853, it will fail.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:48 AM.

vBulletin © 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
©2012 ZAM Network LLC