View Single Post
08-29-08, 03:45 PM   #46
Polina
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kerrang View Post
Another thing I'd like to see is users posting 'reviews' of particular addons/types of addons/UIs etc. Like Amazon, reviewers could be scored on usefulness/given "heat" or "thanks" by people who read them - and from that, addons can become better known - and everyone wins?
I like this idea. Another nice Amazon feature that could be "borrowed" is user created lists. Registered users could make as many lists as they want, with any theme they want ("addons I couldn't live without", "core hunter addons", "addons you have to see to believe", ..) with keywords for searching and a short description or justification for each addon.

When you view an addon, N random lists that addon is on could show in the margin to let you check out other addons people who use this one like. When searching for addons, lists matching the keywords could show. A users's reviews and lists could be listed in their profile, and could possibly be linked to below their name on posts like "Addon author" etc. is now to give users "prestige" for reviewing and making lists.

For rating reviews and lists I think a simple choice of whether you found it helpful or not is good, we don't need to get recursive and make reviews for lists, lists of lists, lists of reviews of lists, ..

Last edited by Polina : 08-29-08 at 03:47 PM.