View Single Post
08-31-08, 09:25 AM   #49
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I thought I'd leave comments on the last entries as well.

Bouvi: Best entry from you. *** (perhaps a fourth * as well) You save the strained link to addons with the "hellfire" part.

Duugu: I take it this is satire of some sort. Good art, personally didn't find the joke funny...might have just not gotten it though. **

Chauronity: This is called kissing up big time. *

Eberict: Not quite cartoony enough for my taste in a cartoon competition but I do like the humor since I've seen it happen as well. Not quite the last second like that but we went for loot for a guildmate and did the instance 7 times that night just for him...about 10 sec before the boss went down the 7th time he went offline, the boss dropped what he needed and we waited for 20 min before giving up. Five minutes later he came back online. **

Drazzii: Nice art, nice punchline. The "over the shoulder" set up is getting old but that's not your fault =) ****

TS_CTMod: Had this idea as well. I like it. Something with the flow doesn't feel quite right. The part where he stands naked and says "Uh oh" gives away the joke to early...kinda takes away from the punchline effekt. Like telling a joke "One tomatoe said to the other 'Come on, catch up' after they crossed the streat and the other tomatoe got hit by a car."

Zirconium176: This entry feels a bit lazy to be honest. Omen is not known to save anyone, I would like a build up before a comment like that, the art is not terrible good, no protagonist visible. Sorry, just doesn't do it for me. -

chauronity: Not a great fan of the "let's promote wowinterface and get a key" theme that many entries have but you had a pretty funny punch there. ***

Drazzii: Not for me. I think that the idea of "if only I had an addon I could have..." is good enough. I miss some personality in the characters or something to make the comic stand out a bit though. *

lockman: Another "if only..." comic. You have great art in yours and get some extra points for that. The language isn't great in the speech bubbles though wich stops this comic from being great. ***

--------------------------
Edit: Removed a comment I made in error.
--------------------------

KiraDouji: To confusing, good idea. **

Hanakabo17: Can't read it so I can't comment. -

chauronity: Nice idea, funny graphics. A bit to confusing, took me a while to get the punchline since I had to read all that text wich wasn't totally obvious. Perhaps have that text somewhere earlier? **

THUNDER_CHILD: Good idea but feels very rushed. Something that goes for many of these late entries. *

Arathius: Would have liked to see more. Not quite funny enough for a 1 square comic in my humble opinion. **

AcidRain: Good idea but could use some more work to get the flow right. A bit to obvious in the text eg. "not even mods can make you..." **

Drazzii: Very unclear image. Takes to long to see what the image is of wich takes away from the punchline effect. +

celebi23: I'm a big fan of murlocs so outside of the scope of the competition your murloc comics get ****

Undel: This is a great entry through and through, in my opinion totally worth a win. *****

Vryce00: Great art, good idea. I do miss something to make the punshline a bit more clear. Good entry none the less ***½

Guillotine: Wasn't for me. One or two good jokes in there though.

Psychophan7: Again a comic wich feels like sarcasm against players using addons in a competition on an addon site. So, not fan of the theme but other then that it's a good comic. ***

MoongazeMods: Interesting idea, good enough character art. I really like the "was it good for you too?" smoke at the end. ***

Now, good luck to all the entries. I promice I won't begrudge anyone winning, even if I don't agree =) I'll be happy for any and every one of those who wins. This is a great community =)

Tomwolf

Last edited by TomWolf : 08-31-08 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Bad statement by me =)