View Single Post
03-23-09, 05:04 PM   #382
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You know, I really don't understand why all of this has me so damned angry. I'm not an addon author (sure, I have created an addon or few, but nothing I deem worthwhile to be uploaded), none of this really has any impact on me. I would literally fistfight a few of the people on the Blizzard forums right now, because of their entitlement theories and author bashing... I really can't figure out why this angers me so much.

If I were an addon author, reading all of this entitlement garbage and level of respect shown by Blizzard, I know for a fact I'd pull the plug on public access to my work. Not because I am greedy, not because Blizzard is greedy and evil, hell, you could name a hundred reasons that would not fit save one, principle.

If I don't stand for principle, the "who I am" starts to fade away, and I can't live like that, personally.

To the authors who keep their work up, and those who pulled it. I have a great admiration for both groups for the reason I suspect you did it... Principle.

Thanks, kudos to you all.