View Single Post
04-14-09, 09:37 AM   #96
Dweessies
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by chris_the_elder View Post
Plus anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together is using adblock and firefox anyway. So one click gets you...nothing. No ad impressions. But hey, at least it takes me longer, so the first competing site that has all the addons I need and a great user interface is going to get my subscription money.
I couldn't agree more. The Curse updater looks like a poor imitation of Wowmatrix, with less usability and fewer addons available. The other thing you've put out is still broken and just plain doesn't work. It decided that none of the addons I use, things like DBM, Bartender4, and Pitbull were available and wanted a UID for each and every one before it would attempt anything.

Using patch day for your little temper fit tantrum is not making you any friends. Your arguments regarding bandwidth usage don't hold water and make this look like just another attempt to force people to give you money you haven't earned. You'd have done a lot better to co-opt the Wowmatrix developers into building your updater for you, since theirs actually works.