View Single Post
05-09-09, 03:22 PM   #1250
Jalandar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
I'm well aware they used Curl libraries. That doesn't stop them from pulling twice.
But they were pulling only text, not graphics. I Did a sample, and a pull of the same text only of an addon page is not a significant amount of data, and no where near the megabytes you two were claiming.

But, had they worked together, the two could easily have come up with API calls to a separate script, so that a call such as:
http://wowmatrix.wowinterface.com/api?modid=XXXXXX would output:
CURVER=X.xxxx
DLLINK=hxxp://xxxxx

And they could have even made it lighter, by having WoWMatrix download a master list every, say 4 hours, and serve the version checks themselves.

All the kinds of things that I suggested be included in a call for cooperation. Prominent ad and promotion space could have been worked out. All things that, especially after having gotten the brunt of the hammer, would have probably been considered most acceptable.

WoWI would have been known to the vast userbase of WM as the site that saved WM, and imagin the extra publicity that would have gotten them....

Last edited by Jalandar : 05-09-09 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo, man my typing sucks....