05-19-09, 12:40 AM   #5
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by honem View Post
Ok some feedback for you:

Folder unzips to :

"Lagbuster 1.01"

This is bad. It doesn't even show up in the addons screen if you do that. I don't think the wow client likes spaces in addon folder names. I have 198 folders in my addons folder and none of them have spaces in them.

You might want to repackage with the addon folder name "Lagbuster" for simplicity's sake. IMHO having to update the folder name each time you push out a new version is bit harder then just merely naming it "Lagbuster" and including a change log or read me in the addon itself.

Matter of fact a small read me file with instructions on how to use it and a change log inside it would be good

Also you forgot to alter your version number in the Title section of your toc file

I'll do some more testing for you later (when I can find my flame retardant testing gear)

PS I moved this comment here from the comments to your addon as I thought it would be better to put such feedback here
Not sure how the zip file lost the folder and readme from the first version...but I fixed it...and edited the version number in the addon to reflect the current version and last modified date...thanks for the headsup on the missing folder...I'll be sure to doublecheck that it doesn't vanish in future uploads.