View Single Post
06-06-09, 02:53 AM   #1580
Tuhljin
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Estoppel View Post
Addons development has been mainly minor league stuff so far, but there are some stirrings that professional developers may end up in the mix. Especially with popcap taking an interest in addons. My guess is that the next generation of MMOs will lock up addon development under a licensed API. WoW has its hands tied right now with the large subscriber base and multitude of existing addons, but I doubt Blizzard will make that mistake again.
The mistake here is that you are making the assumption that Blizzard thinks it's a "mistake" that addon sites like WoWI and Curse are out there doing what they're doing and/or that casual addon authors support such sites.

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
He (us2006027321) has nothing to gain by lying, and nothing to gain by telling the truth.
Not only that, but he came in here at first from the WM-user point-of-view, and silentdabeast has certainly been very much on WM's side and only recently has shown signs of opening up to the other side (I'd say the more logical, truthful, and fact-supported side).