View Single Post
07-05-09, 10:11 PM   #14
Cesard
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
As for macraroon -- all it is doing is creating a macro and then assigning it to the action bar. You can do the same with nUI... use '/macro' to open the macro interface, create your macro, drag the icon onto the action bar, done. Not quite as convenient as macraroon, I agree, but the exact same end result.

Which actually gives me a really good idea for an interface model I can use to setting up your action bars.
Hiya... Just a quick thing about Macaroon and nUI.. True, we can use the in game macro system, but that is very limited compared to Macaroon, because number one, Blizz doesn't allow very many macros.. Macaroon will let you have as many macros as you can have buttons (to make matters worse, your Blizz macros apply to all your characters on the realm.. so you can't have separate sets for different characters, which would alleviate the limited number of macros issue). And number two, Blizz limits the length of macros, whereas you can have much longer macros in Macaroon.

Those 2 features of Macaroon are really all I would miss by switching to nUI and dropping Macaroon. So if somehow the 2 could become compatible, or those 2 features could be incorporated into nUI, then I would be very happy.

Last edited by Cesard : 07-05-09 at 10:26 PM.