View Single Post
08-01-09, 07:28 PM   #34
erosgost
A Kobold Labourer

My wife and I subscribed to Carbonite last December and our "subscription" should last until this coming December, technically. Now with Blizzard's change (which I hate) I wonder how long our individual $15 subscription fee holds us for. I want to help to keep Carbonite running so I'm asking this of the developers ... what is a fair price to donate per download for each of us? That way we know we're helping but not paying too little (and we certainly can't afford to pay TOO much either). We want our donations to count toward further development (and to keep the developers stocked with Red Bulls) but we can't pay $20 or $50 for each download.

When this change first happened we deactivated Carbonite for fear it would become lostware and tried to play the game without it. I gotta say, we got about two weeks before reactivating this exceptional addon. I honestly don't know if I can play WoW without it.

Anyway, just 2 cents from 2 loyal fans.

And is it impossible to create a community site that offers forum, chat or other social networking mmo (not WoW specific ... that way Blizzard can't cry) and charge a membership fee to that akin to what you had before and just have the download available to members?

Thanks in advance to any advice here. WoW sucks without Carbonite!