View Single Post
09-07-09, 02:24 AM   #145
bahmrockk
A Kobold Labourer
Hi there,
first of all thanks for the great addon, no matter how the rest of this post sounds, my frustration factor is sky high.

After being annoyed by many addons that just werent able to make what i wanted i stepped over macaroon and instantly loved it.
I took the day off yesterday, mainly screwing my whole interface and recreating it.
I had two profiles; pve and pvp - in the first a dualspec was saved in the last one not.
Today, i switched profile because i am to heal in the crusader arena this evening and heyho ... all button settings are gone.
I'm not talking about bar positions etc, 'only' the keybindings. as i am a keybind-only-player that kind of sucks.
i took really much time to configure the stored buttons so that they would've just saved any keybinding i had - and that were a lot ^^
what is funny tho:
when i press 1,2 or 3 the casts bound to those buttons still work - i guess thats thanks to the standard-keybinding system of wow - BUT the buttons 4 and 5, also in the range of the 1 to 12 Action-IDs dont work at all, but are binded correctly.
Therefore i guess its not only the showing of the spells thats messed, but also their settings.
Only solution for me is to uninstall macaroon and reinstall (and reconfigure *cry*) bar4, which sucks big time ... approx 5h wasted for just a step backwards!

hope there is a solution to 'reget' my configuration, for later raids and arena-times ...

thanks,
georg

[edit] failure-upgrade:
now, when loading a profile i get an error msg right along:
Date: 2009-09-07 10:25:46
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to index local 'self' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
Macaroon\Macaroon.lua:703: v()
...terface\AddOns\MacaroonProfiles\MacaroonProfiles.lua:383: LoadProfile()
[string "*:OnClick"]:1:
[string "*:OnClick"]:1
[/edit]

[edit2]
two little additions:
a) the profile-error only seems to appear when reloading an already open profile - switching to another and back works
b) the only buttons that seem affected are those action-id-buttons, the macro-buttons seemed to be uneffected - which makes no big difference because except some new macros everything were actionbuttons
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090709_101915.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	3321  

Last edited by bahmrockk : 09-07-09 at 02:31 AM.