View Single Post
08-26-10, 12:33 PM   #3
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Carb does use unique settings per character. You can fully reset it though, just delete the Carbonite.lua file located in your "WTF\ACCOUNT\YOUACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables" folder.... Snipped...
That /savedvariables/ is per Player, as I am the only player on my PC, its easy, but, that is for ALL characters in wow... Deleted it... made no difference, deleted all carbonite references and bingo, it reloaded, into a configuration that is completely alien to me.

Copied back from back up file and now I have a square minimap highlighted in the center of my map, no gather icons and after a '/reload', the map colors seem, 'Washed out', still no gather icons, a (wanted) circular minimap in the centre.

Played around with Scale, and Transparancy and lost any semblance of usability.

Now I am deleting Carbonite in total and reloading from scratch after purging all references from my wow folders.

I tried the 'import from another char', but it shows only two chars, and they were on a server I scratched from as they no longer exist, it doesnt seem to see the other chars in my portfolio as it were. Sigh...

Good ideas Vis, but now I have gone from 'floundering' to 'drowning'.

You gotta laugh...

KS