View Single Post
09-03-10, 09:58 AM   #19
Monolit
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cargor View Post
Wow, that was a hard one to find. Did a google search, found on page 3 a russian website and google translate revealed a link to another russian topic where the code was posted

The post is here:
http://forum.worldofwarcraft.ru/show...91#post3070191

Untested though, so I don't know if it works or what version it is.

EDIT: That was strange when I saw that I am credited in the addon oO never heard of it before.
I also remember that VisualFX add-on I got from your old SVN in one of the branches.
Experimented with it for quite a while before I got bored of constantly flying in/out frames :]
Hooking a function (especially for frames with allot of elements with different parent frames) might be a real pain in ass in Aero, so it's not really user friendly and would cause craploads of questions and requests.
We've actually seen 1 great example of what could happen few years ago: oSkin which with the enthusiasm of wowace community quickly became an abomination that iirc haste himself asked to rename into something else thus Skinner was born.

So that could be the reason why in some cases authors prefer to keep their work out of the public.

P.S. And you guys should really start learning Russian as we do have quite some stuff to read there

Last edited by Monolit : 09-03-10 at 10:00 AM.