View Single Post
05-27-11, 12:43 PM   #3
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The main purpose is to show castbars for PvP, and names in PvP should be unique. So maybe a filter or a zone check will get around the GUID thingy, since we can't simply check for something like "isPlayer", unless class colored statusbars are checked in blizzards options and we base our "isPlayer" on the color of the healthbar.

As for the cache, I just wanted to make sure obsolete (i.e. dead units) nameplates get deleted from the table (cache), to prevent memory from sky-rocketing. No idea of that's necessary, but that was my reason.

Anyhow, so I need some kind of "EventHandler" that checks for cast start, interrupt, channel, etc., hmkay.

and add an updater to move the bar
You mean to fill and deplete (channel casts) the bar?

Another question would be: How do I do all that without influencing the default castbar behaviour for the selected nameplate (aka your target)? Can I handle non-selected nameplates only?

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."