Thread: Lf tutor
View Single Post
01-21-12, 07:02 AM   #10
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Consistency View Post

Sorry for going slightly offtopic here but you made an awesome job on your oUF layout.

Back on-topic, the method described above is even better to really practice but I think you should atleast read the first 7 chapters of the book to have a understanding of the LUA/XML basics rather than blindly copying/recycling code.

Tho, all-in-all LUA doesn't really seem like a hard language and could be learned quickly.

Thanks!

I've never been much for learning from a book myself, so getting right into the code and breaking things and then trying to figure out what I broke worked best for me. There's still a mountain of stuff I don't know and even having the books and wanting to learn I find I keep just digging into code. I just can't keep my focus on the books long enough to get anything of value from them really. Like I said I think they'll be a great reference if nothing else, but reading code and typing out the code they tell you to type out is a little dry for me. Everyone learns things differently though, and what worked for me probably won't work for 99% of the rest of the world... I always was a little odd