View Single Post
02-15-12, 06:24 AM   #13
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When I first started writing Grail I had put up some documentation for the API. But I soon found I needed to do more work to maintain the documentation that I did writing the code. Therefore, I have put off putting the latest documentation up until I am much closer to release. If you have specific questions or scenarios of possible usage I can easily help with that until I get the documentation and tutorials done.

I actually started to work on the LoadOnDemand stuff as an experiment and am almost done pulling out the reputation (earned) and achievement portions. So I have three addons for Grail now.

Grail uses questId as the key for quests. It turns out that the quest name is a problem because there are multiple quests with the same name, but as it happens multiple quests with the same name from the same quest giver. The Grail questId maps directly to Blizzard quest IDs except for a very few rare "alias" quests that have an internal questId and an alias marker to the actual Blizzard questId.

Likewise Grail uses the Blizzard npcId for NPCs except for alias NPCs (which primarily handle phasing). But items and world objects are also represented internally as NPCs as well. Their Blizzard IDs are just translated into a specific range of Grail npcIds.

I am sure we can arrange a time to chat.