Thread: With or without
View Single Post
02-21-12, 11:06 PM   #9
Qupe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I don't know, pixel fonts are just awful in general (even if I had perfect vision, they'd still be ugly, but since I don't, they're unreadable and ugly), and the whole "sleek pixel border" look doesn't feel like it fits well with the overall aesthetic of WoW. :/

I've gone from your opinion to the opposite over time. I can't stand pixel fonts in chat frames but I feel like the thinoutline on non-pixel fonts looks awful on most UF's and meters (or various other bar displays) and have swapped all of those over to a pixel font with the crisp monochrome outline.

I have some junkish eyesight and don't wear my glasses (though I should 90% of the time), and just can't deal with how most serif (basically, anything but a pixel font) looks like against a colored BG - so, a UF with class colored bars, most damage meters, etc... Basically, can't stand pixel fonts in chat windows/option frames/general UI - but can't stand non-pixel fonts on UFs, bar displays, basically I use them on anything that isn't what I like serif/sans serif fonts on =|

On topic:
I reallllllllllly like the new layout but I don't care for the pixel font. Just my preference, I like pixel fonts that aren't much different than most serif/sans serif fonts. I'd remove the text shadow on the pixel fonts for sure though, but again, just a personal preference, I hate shadows on pixel fonts.

Frames look really nice.

I don't necessarily see why you'd need all of the text info at the top and bottom of the UI, seems like it should be consolidated in one location/be minimized to vital stats. I've never understood why open bagslots/gold needs to be shown, but if you drop those stats you can put the non zone text/coords into that bar and place the zone/coords on the minimap (if you really need to see them at all time - ie a main map mod that shows coords if you need them on the fly).

Still, overall, I think it's really sharp - awesome job!