Thread: RealUI
View Single Post
01-17-13, 08:04 AM   #296
Sojiro84
Greetings!

I just discovered this lovely little interface yesterday. I have been making my own UI's for years since 2005 but off course nothing so advanced as this.

I just got back to the game after quitting shortly after the release of Cataclysm and since I was too lazy to start over from scratch I tried looking for a pre-compiled interface to give me a starting point.

I have tried ElvUI and I loved it but I was also eager to try this out. And so I did yesterday! Even-though it is a very different interface from what I am used to I do think I love it.

I did changed/removed some addons (which where not essential to the core UI experience) like easy-mail with postal and removed some non-essential addons I do not find useful to suite it to my own taste.

As an example of what I have removed is the re-skinned blizzard frames. They where too transparent for my taste so I removed the art and the addon that came with this art.

As a replacement I installed Skinner because I love the effect it does. There is only one thing that bugs me.

Does your interface or a included addon change the tooltip skin? I can see my Skinner effect on the tooltip but there is also a small big black border around it even-though I disabled the borders with Skinner. I remember before Skinner that the tooltip was pitch black so this pitch black art could still be in effect.

Are you able to help me with this? Is there something with your UI that changes the tooltip? How can I remove that black effect so that only the Skinner effect remains?

There is also a small problem with the hotbars. On the third bar from the top all the way to the right I can't click on the buttons. I can see myself clicking and the button effect but the spell does not trigger. I don't have this problem in raid's/bg's most of the time.

Sorry for the wall of text! Thanks in advance for the answer!

Edit: Fixed the tooltip. Was indeed a module from your UI. I now only have the problem that the third bar doesn't seem to work in city's mostly.

Last edited by Sojiro84 : 01-17-13 at 02:40 PM.