View Single Post
02-28-13, 03:14 AM   #33
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
I like image's 2 and 3 with the shadows, but I like the colouring of image 1.... Maybe make the shadows more prominent?
I'm sorry. I think I was not clear enough when posting my images. In fact all those images are the same.

Ingame textures in WoW are based on TGA files (most commonly converted into a BLP file).

TGA files consist of 2 layers. Image and alpha layer. The alpha layer provides areas in 8bit (black/white) that define the image transparency regions. The image layer is in 24bit color. The game uses the alpha layer to hide areas on the image layer. So the result is in fact the transparent png.

Thus the image will work on any background. As it can be seen here.

Btw..have you thought of doing sth that actually has sth to do with Carbonite?

To do that I would gather some Carbonite keywords.
  • Questtracker
  • Tourguide
  • Mapguide
  • Navigation-Software

Based on those I would create a logo.

The elictricity image may look cool but it has nothing in common with the product behind it.
Think of the new Google Maps logo.

The logo has crincles making it look like a map. It has the iconic red marker and some lines in the background to stand as a freference for the famous Google maps map display. Additionally we have the Google "g". Being a masterpiece it even references all Google colors. (green, blue, red, yellow)

I'm no Carbonite expert but you probably are. So think of keywords that you can relate Carbonite to and use common symbols referencing those keywords.

The original Carbonite logo is referencing Lord of the Rings because it is using the LotR theme font. That being said it is a reference to the fantasy genre in general which WoW is part of.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 02-28-13 at 03:27 AM.