Thread: Cirk's Notebook
View Single Post
08-15-06, 03:46 AM   #21
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bitz
1. When a note is sended to the raid channel, the text of the note can be shown slowly line by line in the chat window. If possible, it would be very useful in the briefing note for raid.
That'd be a useful thing to have bitz, great idea!

2. Search feature allowing the player to browse all the notes.
Ugh, too much work, hehe!

3. List and text area can be arranged vertically. If it isn't possible, the seperating bar can be movable.
Hmmm, making the separating bar movable might be possible, I'll keep that in mind for the next release.

Originally Posted by Fin
Hi Cirk,

I recently saw this update note added to BugSack's SVN logs:

This sounds awfully familiar. I tried installing Notebook again recently and had the same problem, and I hadn't deleted my SavedVariables yet (I'd quite like to keep a lot of those notes). Is it possible Notebook might allow the creation of strings with over 983 chars?

cheers,

- Fin
Hi Fin, thanks for the update. Thats an interesting thought (and well spotted). Currently Notebook allows creating notes with up to 2048 characters in them (the size that I set the editbox to), which Notebook stores as a single string, and that's always worked fine in the past for me. One thing though is that my notes always have are quite a few new-lines in them, so I wonder if having a text string greater than 983 characters with no line breaks in it might be the cause of the problem?

Oh, are you using a MAC or PC for WoW? (Wondering if this might be a bug or problem that only shows up in the MAC client - I use a PC, as do most of my guild).

If you feel adventurous, you could try editing your saved variables Notebook.lua to truncate any really long notes you have, or maybe even add in some newlines (find a note in which you've already done that to see how to format it) and see if that allows it to work properly. (Just make a copy of the original saved variables so that you can restore it if it doesn't change anything). I'd be very interested to know whether that changes anything for you or not.

Hope that helps some, and I'll keep looking at that string length thing now I have a lead

Cheers
-- Cirk