Thread: GUI's
View Single Post
05-30-05, 08:02 PM   #37
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Beladona
... So feel free to bounce ideas or questions off me at any time, as that is what I am here for...
MuahahahaHAHAHAhahaha. . . A VICTIM!

Just kidding, you rock Bel.

OK, in an effort to remedy a problem I'll detail later, I expanded (experimented?) on your earlier "impolite" way to alter my lua. I now have the following for an <OnLoad>:

Code:
function DS_Minimap_OnLoad()
	DS_MiniMapPing.fadeOut = nil;
	this:SetSequence(0);
	this:RegisterEvent("MINIMAP_PING");
	this:RegisterEvent("MINIMAP_UPDATE_ZOOM");
	Minimap_OnLoad = DS_Minimap_OnLoad
	Minimap_OnEvent = DS_Minimap_OnEvent
	Minimap_OnUpdate = DS_Minimap_OnUpdate
	Minimap_Update = DS_Minimap_Update
	Minimap_SetPing = DS_Minimap_SetPing
	MiniMapPing_FadeOut = DS_MiniMapPing_FadeOut
	Minimap_ZoomInClick = DS_Minimap_ZoomInClick
	Minimap_ZoomOutClick = DS_Minimap_ZoomOutClick
	Minimap_OnClick = DS_Minimap_OnClick
	Minimap_ZoomIn = DS_Minimap_ZoomIn
	Minimap_ZoomOut = DS_Minimap_ZoomOut
	MinimapCluster:Hide();
end
That's every function in the lua, but as a note, adding in the "Minimap_OnLoad = DS_MinimapOnLoad" was the kicker to get the "Minimapcluster:Hide();" to do what it was supposed to. (finally). This is a good thing, as when I "/script MinimapCluster:Show();" in-game to compare the way the two are behaving, I get a nasty windows error related to the POI's i think when I try to hover over the town pointer widgets that circle the outer border (you know, the little silver arrows on the outer rim that tell you [Ogrimmar] or whatever is that way, when you are out in the boonies, nearing a town). With the primary Minimap hidden, this doesn't seem to be an issue.

OK, by now, about 95% of the "DS" minimap has been converted to hold my prefix. There are still some globals, and some stuff related mainly to the ZoneText headers that I haven't messed with, but everything relating to the minimap seems to be behaving itself as it should now...
except...
Other AddOns!

Namely, anything that parks a button on the minimap, and <cry> Gatherer.
All of that stuff still wants to (understandandably) play with the old minimap, which is of course now hidden. No errors or any other unspeakables, the other addons elements simply hide themselves with the old minimap.

So, is there an "easy" way to intercept this sort of stuff from my AddOn's code so that they will display on the "new" minimap? Or a hard way even? Or am I now faced with modifying other AddOns to "support" mine?

Might be a toughy, but it can't hurt to ask.