View Single Post
06-11-05, 08:21 AM   #27
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
okies. plugged the new code in.

on display of the slider, I initially got this:
[string "Interface/AddOns/DiivSkins/DiivSkinsControl...]:26:attempt to concatenate local `barid' (a nil value)
That prompted me to change the slider code to emulate what we had done in the lua, like so:
Code:
		<OnShow>
			this:SetValue(DiivSkinSettings[barid]);
		</OnShow>
		<OnValueChanged>
			if DiivSkinSettings then
				DiivSkinSettings[barid] = this:GetValue();
				DS_TextureUpdate();
			end
		</OnValueChanged>
aftermaking the slider change, and logging in and out, I then get this:
[string "DiivSkins_hbar1Slider:OnShow"]:2: Useage:SetValue(value)
at this point, I observed that the bar displayed on screen only has 11 slots, so I logged out again, and opened up the SavedVariables.lua, which still reflects:
Code:
DiivSkinSettings = {
	["hbar1"] = 11,
	["setup"] = true,
}
Curious, I then deleted this portion of the SavedVariables.lua, and logged back into game. Now, my bar had set itself to 1 slot, but I still got the same OnShow errror relating to the slider. I logged back out, and the SavedVariables had updated to my default:
Code:
DiivSkinSettings = {
	["hbar1"] = 1,
	["setup"] = true,
}
Just to be sure, I then reverted back to the older slider code and logged back in. this took me back to the concatenate error.

The saved variables tossed me for a loop at first, as once the barid is constructed, it appears the same as the last system. Now I see that It is at least recognizing and constructing a default value for us, but I have to assume the 11 slot bar was from a prior config, as the slider has not been functional with these most recent changes. (?)

I even looked up concatenate.
1. To connect or link in a series or chain.
2. Computer Science. To arrange (strings of characters) into a chained list.
But I'm afraid I'm still at a loss.

Any ideas?