View Single Post
05-24-07, 05:40 PM   #3
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Exclamation HOW TO: Make MazzleUI work on Mac (WoW 2.1)

Here's the process that worked for me on two Macs, Intel and G5.
(PC users, if you're reading this, use WoWAceUpdater or the java-based tool to update.)

Updating Ace Addons
- Get MacAceUpdater

- Back up your Addons folder
(One can start with a blank AddOns folder, but that wasn't needful for me.)

Using MacAceUpdater
- Install !!!StandAloneLibs only.
- Click Refresh List.
- Click Select Outdated Plugins (another term for AddOns).
- Install Selected PlugIns
I also installed SharedMedia and SharedMediaLib, in case of future dependancies. (These will be replacing Surfaces & SurfaceLib and they may be required soon. Do keep the Surface duo around whilst we wait for more updates.)
Note that TinyTip Extras reports an incorrect version, even after a manual update of it. This seems to be a cosmetic/reporting error. (I'll tell the author....)

You've now updated MazzleUI! All should be well, as it was on my wife's iMac G5.

Crashing?
However, some folks (often Intel-based users) seem to have WoW crash out after the character loading bar is full. Bongos Action Bar, a required support AddOn for Bongos, is the apparent trigger; it is not the proximate cause.

Thanks to Mazzle and Exceltica, this fix has allowed me to load and Mazzify all my chars.

The Mazzle/Exceltica Fix
- Open Interface/AddOns/Mazzifier/Mazzifier_Buttons.lua.
Around line 58, in the CompressBar() function, there is a line:
local shouldAdd = false

- Change that "false" to "true" and save the file.
local shouldAdd = true

(Mac users should use BBEdit or the free TextWrangler to open and save this file so the differences in PC/Mac line ending characters are preserved.)

(Note that one familiar with coding could simply comment out this entire function, per Mazzle. Since not everyone uses a tool that allows mass commenting out of a function, this inefficient fix still solves the problem for now and is easy for non-coders to apply.)

That's almost it.

Removing Bongos_ActionBar.lua from character's SavedVariables folders
You probably have old Bongos_ActionBar.lua files in each of your character folders. These must be deleted. Don't worry, they'll be remade properly for this temp fix.
The normal path on a Mac is
/<yourHardDrive>/Applications/<yourWoWFolder>/WTF/Account/<yourWoWAccountName>/<yourServer>/<individualCharFolders>/SavedVariables/Bongos_ActionBar.lua
(PC users, the path will be nearly identical if you wish to try this. Follow it logically thru....)

After deleting them, login and Mazzify each character from scratch.

If you wish to update other non-Ace AddOns, as I did, hunt, gather and sauté! Remember that any grossly updated AddOn may not Mazzify properly due to changes in the updated AddOn. Your Mileage May Vary.....

Mazzle is undoubtedly hard at work, hopefully at real life first and his compilation second. Be patient -- this dwarf has learned that all good things come in time to those... who wait for gnomes.

P.S. The bugsack reporting sound will be the original annoying one "fatality!". If it drives you crazy, you can change the sound played.

-- Mortie

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde

Last edited by Mortlach : 06-01-07 at 09:43 PM.