View Single Post
09-26-07, 11:58 AM   #26
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
I wanted to post what I did and where I am, both to help others get all the directions in one place and to get a sanity check from those that know more than I. Here's what I've done:

ContextMenu.lua:
*change "self:assert" to "assert"
*change btn:SetScript("OnAttributeChanged", ActionButton_Update) to btn:SetScript("OnAttributeChanged", ActionButton_UpdateAction)

Mazzifier_Configs.lua:
*change SetCVar("EnableErrorSpeech","0") to SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech","0")

Update Discord via http://discord.tetzfiles.com/ and select the PTR2.2 file
Update Clique via http://www.wowinterface.com/download...08-Clique.html

Itemrack.lua:
*change "function newItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter()" to "function newItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter(self)"
*change: "oldItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter()" to "oldItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter(self)"

Edit: Just saw that ItemRack is fixed so this change is likely not necessary. New version available here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4148

Take svn lock off of topscore fu and nQuestlog (remove .svn folders)

Using WAU, "Update all Installed AddOns"
Select the following packages:
* Cartographer
* oRA2
* Prat
* Cartographer_(Fishing through Vendors)
* Everything that starts with "FuBar"
* WitchHunt
"Install/Update all Marked Addons With Externals"

I did this with a clean WTF folder and was able to do everything I wanted to. I have not tried it with a high level character, but at least with my little level 8 Troll Hunter it worked fine. ATSW did work for First aid, not sure about anything else. I did get a couple of errors that I'm not sure about:

Code:
2007/09/26 12:22:09-7-x1]: nQuestLog-1.0\modules\DetailsFrame.lua:139: attempt to index global 'escapeDetector' (a nil value)
This didn't seem to hurt anything, nQuestLog seems to work fine. It's popped up a few times but I can't seem to figure out when it happens. I do have the most current version as of about an hour ago.

I thought I saw the following error referenced in the threads but I can't seem to find it:

Code:
[2007/09/26 12:24:21-7-x2]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
<in C code>: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:382: in function `ActionButton_SetTooltip':
MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:147: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:141>
<in C code>: in function `SecureStateAnchor_RunChild'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":3: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>
That looks like stock code throwing the error so I'm guessing one of the add-ons is hooking it and causing it to crap itself. Not sure when it pops up, it was sitting there in the BugSack.

If I'm still missing something I'd appreciate a point in the right direction. Things are still pretty crazy and catching all the notes is a challenge.

EDIT: I still see people not being successful in even getting this far. here's a link to a download of an updated compilation that should work as a new install. Follow Mazzle's instructions (in the zip file) for a new install and there's no reason it shouldn't work for you. Of course there's NWIH (no way in hell) I'm representing this as something I will maintain, or even that it's something that I fixed. I owe it all to the community here. I just put it all in one spot.

(removed the file, will upload to the normal download page per Mazzle's gentle prodding)

Last edited by LBussy : 09-26-07 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Updated info/Added compilation download