Thread: Cirk's Notebook
View Single Post
09-28-07, 01:49 AM   #24
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've finally updated Notebook (after many requests) to WoW 2.2 and TBC in general.

In regards to the above discussions and the crashing or losing data, I've implemented long-string protection in the save algorithm (thanks to Dridzt for finding Telic's post and Fin for finding the BugSack one - I know it took me a while to follow up, but your help was still invaluable). I've also implemented a "don't save if we didn't load properly" component in there, since I've been noticing that sometimes WoW likes to send a PLAYER_LOGOUT without ever sending the previous PLAYER_LOGIN. I think that is one of the things that happens on a new patch the first time.

Bitz, I've slowed down Notebook's sending speed to 0.5 seconds per line, and limited line lengths to 80 characters, so hopefully that will go somewhat towards what you were asking for for slower sending of messages.

Phanx, Notebook now saves all its notes globally (i.e., not per-server), as requested! (It also will load any old notes, so if you still have an old SavedVariables for Notebook, you can re-instate it).

Cheers
-- Cirk